Please recommend a good Cow Bell.

Use this forum to discuss about all the other percussions and/or to suggest a new specified forum to add

Postby Chris D'Sylver » Wed May 04, 2005 3:06 pm

Can someone please recommend a good Cow Bell to use on a kit, for jazz playing.
I am quite impressed with the cow Bell that is played by Horacio "El Negro" Hernendez. What ever that is.
Any other suggestions would be well recieved.

Thanks.

Chris.

Edited By Chris D'Sylver on 1115219532
Is everybody ready. . .Ok,...3. 4. and 1....
Chris D'Sylver

Postby zaragemca » Wed May 04, 2005 4:04 pm

Greeting,are you going to play it with foot pedal brackett,or mounted.Dr.Zaragemca
International Club of Percussionists
zaragemca

Postby Raymond » Wed May 04, 2005 6:43 pm

Good drum set bell????? Depends if you want a good mambo bell than when hit in the "mouth" will give you a good tone and volume or you want a "cha-cha" bell, which is a smaller, lower pitch bell intended to be hit in the mouth!

I've noticed Horacio uses as his "foot bell" a cha-cha bell. Pearl Percussion has come up with an Horacion "El Negro" Hernandez Signature Line of Cowbells that I bet are good. Appear they have different tones, pitches and types of bells. Check them out! (They just came out so they might not be easy to find yet)!

With cowbells the rule of thumb is to know the tone and sound you want...Once you have that...you go with a good brand...A good cowbell could last you a life time or at least a very long time!

Saludos!
Raymond

Postby Chris D'Sylver » Wed May 04, 2005 9:47 pm

zaragemca wrote:Greeting,are you going to play it with foot pedal brackett,or mounted.Dr.Zaragemca

Hi.
I would be playing it with a stick. It would placed on the right hand side of the drumset over the floor tom. It would mostly be used in sambas and bosa novas.

Cheers.

Chris.
Is everybody ready. . .Ok,...3. 4. and 1....
Chris D'Sylver

Return to Other instruments