electronic percussion

Use this forum to discuss about all the other percussions and/or to suggest a new specified forum to add

Postby door » Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:13 am

Are there other percussion players here who are playing with electronic percussionpads?
I bought a few months ago a SPD 6 from roland and I like it for rehearsels, because it s so compact.
( I needed for example in a popband just one timbal sound for one abanico in a song of moloko and my tito puente timbales are very weightful)
less is more
door

Postby yoni » Thu May 01, 2003 6:57 am

I don't have electric pads but but am interested to check them out, tried some in stores. Door, is the Roland you have responsive to light touch? I would like to know which drum pad is also good for finger playing .
yoni

Postby door » Sun May 04, 2003 8:29 pm

hey yoni my roland is good for light responsive . when you play very hard, than you hear sometimes other sounds from other pads. I use most of all my fingers like when I play bongo.
I like this roland but it's difficult to change the sounds. and these sounds are good but ordinary. so i put my spd 6 on a drumcomputer for make own programs for each songs. so I can play conga bongo and tamborin in one song and in another song on the same pads I play conga, handclap surdo...

www.dendoor.tk my own site (in dutch)
less is more
door

Return to Other instruments