Nice Lot of Drums in Southern Cal.

Sell your intruments here, or post up any bargains you come across for sale.
Forum rules
Sell your own gear here, or post up any links to sales of percussion instruments.
KEEP IT POSITIVE PLEASE, SAVE ANY NEGATIVITY TO PRIVATE MESSAGE.

Nice Lot of Drums in Southern Cal.

Postby Thebreeze » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:37 am

I just saw this ad in ebay and there are a lot of nice drums! Too bad the selller is selling as Local Pickup only. Understandable since there are so many drums. 4 Isla Congas, 3 Isla Batas, what appears to be 3 Gon Bops, one hollowed out log, some bongos and a vintage set of Tito Puente Timbale shells, plus some cases. For any one in Southern California, this one is worth keeping an eye on, might get it for a great price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-7-CONGA ... 27cbf70f87
Thebreeze

Re: Nice Lot of Drums in Southern Cal.

Postby Thebreeze » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:11 am

I just want to add a word of caution if you decide you want to bid on these drums, make sure you take a very close look at each picture, and look at them close up. I have noticed that all the heads on all of these drums are in need of being replaced, and if you look real close for instance at the Bata Heads, you will notice that it appears that there was some kind of MOLD infestation. I used to work for a "Restoration" company years ago. We would go into fire damaged homes and take out all of the smoke damaged clothing and drapes and would clean them for the homeowners via their insurance company. Sometimes, we encountered Mold and had to wear protective clothing because there are some kinds of molds that are very dangerous. So just remember this if you decide to bid, you will have to take precautions for that. This basement might have been subject to lots of water damage from perhaps a Fire that might have occured in the upstairs portions of the house?
Thebreeze

Postby pcastag » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:39 pm

Lot of bang for your buck

Set of Bata about 600 - 800 used

Tito Puentes 250-300

three gon bops - 900

three islas- 800

at least 2000 - 2500 worth of gear.
PC
pcastag

Postby Thebreeze » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:07 am

The auction on ebay has ended by the seller as " the items are no longer available "...hmmmmm.......
Seems to me that someone worked out a deal behind the scenes with the seller. Whoever gets them better be sure to take care in handling these drums because of all the MOLD that has eaten the heads could be dangerous to breathe. Be careful.
Thebreeze

Return to INSTRUMENTS FOR SALE