Valje Congas

Sell your intruments here, or post up any bargains you come across for sale.
Forum rules
Sell your own gear here, or post up any links to sales of percussion instruments.
KEEP IT POSITIVE PLEASE, SAVE ANY NEGATIVITY TO PRIVATE MESSAGE.

Valje Congas

Postby deadhead » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:07 pm

For sale is a set of Valje Congas, 10 1/4" Quinto & 11 1/2" Conga. They have a few scratches/scuffs, but overall in good condition, with no cracks or splits in the staves. Some minor chrome flaking on the rims. Skins are in decent shape and sound great. The hooks have been replaced with heavier LP hooks, otherwise they are in original condition. Original cradle stands are included. $1250 shipped in the US.

Pics can be seen here:

http://s711.photobucket.com/albums/ww119/playpercussion/Valje%20Congas/
deadhead

Re: Valje Congas

Postby deadhead » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:31 pm

Please feel free to make an offer...
deadhead

Postby Thebreeze » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:19 pm

deadhead.... I know things are pretty tight these days with the economy and all that. I am in that situation as well, I cannot afford to spend on drums like I used to. I think I see a trend developing where people are not able to get what they want for very nice drums. I think that for people that do not have any drums yet but want to get something decent that if they are patient they will see good deals come up locally on their craigslist. Here in my area ( San Francisco ) I have see really good deals on for instance...LP Classics Wood Congas, at very low prices being sacrificed from time to time as well as Matadors and some even including stands and bags. I recently let go of a "Like New " set of LP Patatos 11 3/4 and 12 1/2 for an even 500 dollars and that was with recently installed new Mule Skins . But if you buy just one of those drums new at the store these days you will pay around 500 dollars just for one.

Best wishes on your sale. Maybe you should keep them for now. I recently sold 3 Vintage Valjes at a great price and don't even consider looking for another set because It won't make sense for me to do that otherwise I should have kept my set to begin with.
Your drums look really nice. This economy sucks!!
Thebreeze

Postby KidCuba » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:21 am

My sentiments exactly, not the time to sell high-end congas....unless you find someone who isn't second guessing their economic footing like most of us.

And there are soooooo many good deals on decent used drums, it does make it harder to sell the high end drums.

I picked up a LP Classic quinto, tumbadora, and LP classic bongos for 260 on craislist.

Hang in the there....
Triple Pulse Conga Practice- http://www.larumbero.com
KidCuba

Postby deadhead » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:57 pm

You guys are right, great time to buy, not so great time to sell. I'll probably hold onto them until I can get a decent offer. Not in dire need or anything, just that I recently made a pretty big drum set purchase and was looking to recoup I little.
deadhead

Postby delandlutherie » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:55 am

They are sure good looking drums though, no denying that. Good luck on selling 'em if you do.
delandlutherie

Return to INSTRUMENTS FOR SALE