Vintage restored Gon Bops Conga & Tumba for sale

Sell your intruments here, or post up any bargains you come across for sale.
Forum rules
Sell your own gear here, or post up any links to sales of percussion instruments.
KEEP IT POSITIVE PLEASE, SAVE ANY NEGATIVITY TO PRIVATE MESSAGE.

Vintage restored Gon Bops Conga & Tumba for sale

Postby Jungle Fire » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:14 am

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190710271157?ss ... 500wt_1359

posted 8/2/2012
2 SUPER NICE and amazing sounding newly fully restored vintage late 1960's-70's 11" 3/4 Conga and 12" Tumba GON BOPS . These are lightweight mahogany with warm tones and crisp high slaps. Fresh new mule skin style skins mounted. Restore stain finish is bombay mahogany like Cuban style. I put original factory decals! CONGA has LP lugs/nuts, but all other hardware is original Gon Bops. CONGA also has different bands than tumba (See Pics) TUMBA has all original hardware. CONGA had an inside metal hoop crown (top) installed years ago. I repaired some hairline cracks inside the seams of the staves of the conga top/bottom which is normal when original glue ages. I repaired cracks in the bottom of TUMBA. See all pics if you want more pics or info send me a message. You will not find another set this clean! Free pic up in San Diego California. Serious buyers only with positive feedback only! Buyer pays actual delivery $85.00 . Puerto Rico/Alaska may be different rate. PAYPAL PAYMENT ONLY. Must be paid within 3 days! ALL SALES FINAL No returns/refunds
Attachments
IMG_3985.JPG
Jungle Fire

Re: Vintage restored Gon Bops Conga & Tumba for sale

Postby Thebreeze » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:07 am

It gives me a little bit of concern to see someone join this forum for the sole purpose of letting it be known that they have some drums for sale. It would be nice to see people join up to take part in everything the forum has to offer.

Your drums have had extensive work done to them in my opinion. Whoever put that Alma in might not have done a good job? That takes a lot of expertise to do correctly. Sorry about my comments, just saying it like it is.
Thebreeze

Postby pcastag » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:44 am

Please follow the guilines of the forum about refraining frm negative comments. The for sale section is for people to post stuff for sale, period. People won't want to use it if board members are jumping on them and dissing their goods.
PC
pcastag

Postby Thebreeze » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:49 am

I guess what I said went over your head.
Thebreeze

Postby bongosnotbombs » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:52 pm

I didn't read anything negative.
bongosnotbombs

Postby pcastag » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:24 pm

Questioning the quality of the work definitely a negative comment, making a reference to the person coming in here just to make a sale is a negative comment , only in my opinion. Noting went over my head, I read it just it as it was, a subtle way of criticizing for coming on here only to sell, calling the repair work "extensive" then bringing up the possibility that the alma may have not been installed correctly. Really? Give me a break, kicking tires, you have no interest nor intention of buying these drums. That's why the negative comments were to be reserved for PMs . If you want to question the individuals dedication to the board or quality of work done on his drums pm him,that's what it states in the rules.
PC
pcastag

Postby Psych1 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:40 pm

I don't like the rule! It is a left-over from a former member. No good reason for not hearing members opinions.
Psych1

Postby jorge » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:52 pm

This is an important topic, essentially whether we should allow use of this forum to be an internet tool that allows our forum members to publicly get more information about a particular item for sale than Ebay or other strictly-business websites, or whether there should be a total gag order on any public comments, true or untrue, about the item, reliability or honesty of the merchant, or members' experiences in dealing with that merchant or instrument. Since this is not a trivial question and is likely to engender much discussion, I think we should move this discussion to its own thread. It is not directly relevant to this advertisement or the particular drums this merchant is selling.

To this end, I have started a thread in the General Forums, Open Discussion section entitled "Ban public discussion of instruments for sale or sellers?"
jorge

Postby pcastag » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:46 pm

Well , on the sonor drum forum we came to the conclusion that third party links were open territory, that is if I posted a link to some anonymous sale on Craig's list or eBay anybody' could feel free to critique the items since they weren't a direct post from a board member.items that were posted by members were to remain free from criticism. They also have a rule that you couldn't post items for sale until you had at least 10 posts in other forums, not to say that a person couldnt easily and quickly get around that rule but it would at least diminish the first critique of this item, that somebody is just using this board to sell an d is not a productive member. My simple point is that I don't think the rule was just made for cuco, I think it's out of respect for all sellers, ifmyounhave a concern or question contact the seller, that keeps people willing to post things on heremwithourmhaving to worry about being flamed on.
PC
pcastag

Return to INSTRUMENTS FOR SALE