Volcano Conga Set

Sell your intruments here, or post up any bargains you come across for sale.
Forum rules
Sell your own gear here, or post up any links to sales of percussion instruments.
KEEP IT POSITIVE PLEASE, SAVE ANY NEGATIVITY TO PRIVATE MESSAGE.

Volcano Conga Set

Postby RitmoBoricua » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:23 pm

RitmoBoricua

Re: Volcano Conga Set

Postby Thebreeze » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:18 pm

With so many drums out there, whether they be mass produced or hand made, selling easily for at least 1/2 off or more than Volcanos, I can't see any one buying these kinds of drums unless they are a collector and have money to spend like that. I played on a set of them that conguero has at his house and I saw nothing special about the sound of them. Yes, they sounded ok, but even as I handled them I was extremely cautious so as not to make a scratch of the smallest measure. A nice set of Vintage Gon Bops Mahogany Congas is a source to be reckoned with in my opinion. But when Volcanos are placed in a very nice setting ( like congueros apt ), they are beautiful to look at, like fine furniture. So they are pure quality in craftsmanship but the sound is ok. ( if we are honest and have played a set of them we should conclude that there are many much better sounding drums out there, but perhaps not as finely made as Volcanos ).
Thebreeze

Return to INSTRUMENTS FOR SALE