African Congas(bougarabou)

Sell your intruments here, or post up any bargains you come across for sale.
Forum rules
Sell your own gear here, or post up any links to sales of percussion instruments.
KEEP IT POSITIVE PLEASE, SAVE ANY NEGATIVITY TO PRIVATE MESSAGE.

African Congas(bougarabou)

Postby salzfaas » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:59 pm

I am putting some things on the bay but before Ido I thought someone here could be interested. these are a one off original set which came from senegal and arrived to me with Ju ju(majic parcells inside and a lot of cobwebs) I cleaned them out congafied them with rings and side plates and someone else made a large oak stand for them so you can play them all at the same level.
the small or female drum has an exquisite sharp punchy bass and very delicate harmonics.the big daddy is a 14 1/2" head and moves the earth with a very low bass note.no3 is between the 2
these drums are made from solid African mahogany they have Bill conifer texan heads on them.if you are interested I can send you some recordings so you can judge for youselves what they are capable of.I am willing to trade for ritmos,juniors or skin on skin...... in your favour ofcourse.
Attachments
ebay sell 007.jpg
3 african congas
salzfaas

Re: African Congas(bougarabou)

Postby salzfaas » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:22 pm

solid oak stand that was built for them which I will post tomorrow.they look kind of like the stocks that people got put in in the middle ages.(some of our leaders should be put in them now)The drums all sit at the correct height and the angle can be changed.this stand is very difficult to ship so I didn't want to say it has to come with the drums as you could Make your own stand.More tomorrow.........
salzfaas

Re: African Congas(bougarabou)

Postby salzfaas » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:42 pm

sorry camera not working,if you live in USA then probably not worth sending the stand as too heavy and expensive.the weight of the drums are small 12 kg middle 13 kg and the large 16kg
the side plates are lp the dimensions of the big is 14" by 33" the middle 12" by 31, the small 12" by 28.hope This helps if you are thinking of shipping.These drums have a lot of History.I have had them for 12 years.they were used for many ceremonies in Senegal, they came with serious Juju hanging from hooks inside.They have a unique sound.Notice how the small one is not symmetric at the bottom it curves into the player.
salzfaas

Return to INSTRUMENTS FOR SALE