Conga Drums On Ebay

Sell your intruments here, or post up any bargains you come across for sale.
Forum rules
Sell your own gear here, or post up any links to sales of percussion instruments.
KEEP IT POSITIVE PLEASE, SAVE ANY NEGATIVITY TO PRIVATE MESSAGE.

Re: Conga Drums On Ebay

Postby onile » Thu May 31, 2012 2:38 pm

I just learned that his website's domain name expired on 5/24/12 and is pending either renewal or deletion.
It's just a slight oversight on his part..................hummmmmmm?! I wonder................
Attachments
july-14-1.jpg
Que Nsambi les acutare pa' siempre!
onile

Postby ABAKUA » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:51 am

the brothers never been good with the email, dont think he even owns a computer and is less than computer literate. :lol:
Dont see why you guys just dont pick up the phone and call him? :?: Ive never had an issue contacting him.
ABAKUA
Site Admin

Postby Thebreeze » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:30 pm

In the past he has emailed me about some hardware I had him make for some bongos about 2 years ago. We had a back and forth dialogue about it. Here is the thing...Why have an email address on your website if you are not going to reply to peoples questions/inquires??

Why do people have to wait YEARS for something without getting at least periodic updates. I just spoke to someone just yesterday that told me he had a restoration project done by Matthew and after not hearing anything for 9 months. He was able to contact him, and demand he send his drum back as is, but Matthew insisted on restoring it and the person now has a drum with ( this is Gospel ) about 8 stave separations due to the glue being still wet. It was a rush job. I told him to check out Skin on Skin, or Ralph Flores ( although he just might refinish Valjes, not sure ) or Peter Musser from pm percussion for professional communication and customer service which is really the bottom line. I know that Matthew has friends that can contact him in short notice, but how about the vast majority of regular customers? Another person I know told me he has Matthew's new cel number. How about everyone else?

It's just funny that the owner of Isla Percussion came short of being crucified on that Isla post and I think that since this is a Forum to express pros and cons, that no one should be immune as long as it is done truthfully, and in a decent manner.
Thebreeze

Postby Thebreeze » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:48 pm

There is just one thing I wanted to let everyone know....I am not writing what I have written to start any problems. I apologize if I have offended any of the forum members and that is not my intentions. I only want to see if other members have things that they want to say as well and I am very interested in reading everyone's opinions and thoughts so that we can all benefit one way or another from it.

Again, I apologize if somehow I have offended any of the Forum Members.
Thebreeze

Postby rhythmrhyme » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:51 am

Hey Abaqua,

Could you PM me his number? I pulled the trigger today and set up a purchase of 2 more SOS drums. I had wanted to mix up my set with some Ritmo's, and think it would be a really nice combination. I may also order "one last" drum from if he's available - you know "one last drum", it's kinda like drumaholism lol. What I would probably do is start aggressively selling gear :D I've tried email and he didn't hit me back - there isn't' a phone number on his website. I've heard nothing but good things about him and am aware through this forum that he may have had some recent struggles, it can take time to get back up and running - the drums on the site are oh so sweet.

@ thebreeze - I don't think you came close to offending anyone 8)
RR
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana
rhythmrhyme

Postby pcastag » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:06 pm

Thebreeze wrote:In the past he has emailed me about some hardware I had him make for some bongos about 2 years ago. We had a back and forth dialogue about it. Here is the thing...Why have an email address on your website if you are not going to reply to peoples questions/inquires??

Why do people have to wait YEARS for something without getting at least periodic updates. I just spoke to someone just yesterday that told me he had a restoration project done by Matthew and after not hearing anything for 9 months. He was able to contact him, and demand he send his drum back as is, but Matthew insisted on restoring it and the person now has a drum with ( this is Gospel ) about 8 stave separations due to the glue being still wet. It was a rush job. I told him to check out Skin on Skin, or Ralph Flores ( although he just might refinish Valjes, not sure ) or Peter Musser from pm percussion for professional communication and customer service which is really the bottom line. I know that Matthew has friends that can contact him in short notice, but how about the vast majority of regular customers? Another person I know told me he has Matthew's new cel number. How about everyone else?

It's just funny that the owner of Isla Percussion came short of being crucified on that Isla post and I think that since this is a Forum to express pros and cons, that no one should be immune as long as it is done truthfully, and in a decent manner.

Matt is an artist, in every sense of the word. Could probably use a little help form a secretary or business manager.
PC
pcastag

Postby conganalu » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:09 am

Someone just put up a Jr. Tirado on ebay. Starting bid is $500.
conganalu

Postby Thebreeze » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:49 pm

I just tried to get onto ritmostudios.com ( Mathhew Smith's Website ) and like onile, I found out that it has expired. Well, just another thing that hinders people from making contact with him. I have spoken to a person named Ryan from Manito Percussion and he is going to make my hardware for my Bongos and he will use only Stainless Steel. I know that this most likely will cost a little more to have it in stainless, but from what I see on his website and in speaking to him the work will be excellent. I have already bought a Flesh Hoop from him and it was 1/4" thick, Stainless Steel, and I had a hard time finding the weld on it. His price for these is 12 dollars, and you just give him the size over the phone and he makes it for you quickly. If no one has ever broused his website I would highly recommend it. http://www.manitopercussion.com/
He will be back on June 10th since he has been on his Honeymoon.
I am not trying to endorse someone over someone else, it is not my intentions, but I believe that it is good to share other sources of drum makers so that forum members can see that there are others out there and that they are ' PROFESSIONAL'
in their work and customer service.
Thebreeze

Previous

Return to INSTRUMENTS FOR SALE