Like new Skyndeep heads for sale.. New Price!

Sell your intruments here, or post up any bargains you come across for sale.
Forum rules
Sell your own gear here, or post up any links to sales of percussion instruments.
KEEP IT POSITIVE PLEASE, SAVE ANY NEGATIVITY TO PRIVATE MESSAGE.

Like new Skyndeep heads for sale.. New Price!

Postby busyflyin » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:30 pm

Three Remo Skyndeeps - Quinto, Conga, Tumba. They are 3 weeks old. Just not my thing I guess. I bought them for my LP Performer series. Quinto is P/N M4-1106-S6-D2003. Conga is P/N N4-1175-S6-D1003. Tumba is P/N M4-1250-S6-D1003. Guitar Center price was $145 for all 3 new, and their used price is about $114 for 3. I will sell all 3 together for $100 shipped to lower 48. Absolutely like new.

Edit: I got curious about the P/N differences ie; D1 vs D2 so I looked it up. These heads fit ok on my drums, but the Tumba aluminum ring is a little larger than seems right so I called Remo when I first tried mounting them. They assured me that they were the correct ones. He basically said that because there was no industry standard, it is difficult for them to hit it right on the money. Some variation is to be expected.

This link is from Remo's support page.
http://support.remo.com/remoinc/topics/ ... _gsfn=true
Attachments
D1, D2, D3, D4.png
Last edited by busyflyin on Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Performer Quinto, Conga, Tumba
LP Performer Bongos w/ Remo heads
Cajon
14" Remo Djembe
busyflyin

Re: Like new Skyndeep heads for sale

Postby busyflyin » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:51 pm

Fugetaboutit... I just learned that slaps are way easier with these heads. I'm keeping them!
Cajon
14" Remo Djembe
busyflyin

Postby niallgregory » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:57 pm

busyflyin wrote:Fugetaboutit... I just learned that slaps are way easier with these heads. I'm keeping them!

Slaps are slaps man ! You need to be able to get great slaps from a tumba with hide heads also . Thats why i would keep plastic heads away from inexperienced players .
niall gregory
niallgregory

Postby busyflyin » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:04 pm

I know you are right, but it feels good to have some small accomplishment! I've been straining for 2 weeks to get these things tuned so that they sound good.. Remo heads, stock heads, back to Remos, back to stock... now back to Remos. I got ONE thing working right now for me. Slaps on two drums!! Thing is, I had no idea if I was even close to getting it right and now I found the sweat spot to hit and the way to hit it. I told JC yesterday that if I knew more about this I would write a paper on the proper way to tune congas and publish it on the forums. You guys have been doing it a long time and know what to do. Couple my newness to congas and my seniority in life and it's like an up hill battle. I'm back to the ole G, C, E, and they sound ok. I'm working it this way for a while!!!
Cajon
14" Remo Djembe
busyflyin

Postby niallgregory » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:22 am

Good stuff man keep at it :D I am a big fan of the remo heads myself by the way . Enjoy ......
niall gregory
niallgregory

Postby busyflyin » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:28 am

Thanks bro!
Cajon
14" Remo Djembe
busyflyin

Postby busyflyin » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:26 am

I'm like the quintessential flipper flopper and I'm selling them after all. They aren't bad heads, but I really am liking the natural skin thing. But if you have a desire to try these out (like I did), I will ship them anywhere in lower 48 for $75. They are almost like new and will last you a life time! You better buy them before I flop back the other way!!! :lol:
Cajon
14" Remo Djembe
busyflyin

Re: Like new Skyndeep heads for sale.. New Price!

Postby busyflyin » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:01 am

SOLD!!
Cajon
14" Remo Djembe
busyflyin

Return to INSTRUMENTS FOR SALE