SLINGERLAND CONGAS for Sale

Sell your intruments here, or post up any bargains you come across for sale.
Forum rules
Sell your own gear here, or post up any links to sales of percussion instruments.
KEEP IT POSITIVE PLEASE, SAVE ANY NEGATIVITY TO PRIVATE MESSAGE.

SLINGERLAND CONGAS for Sale

Postby CongaSinger » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:37 am

I have a Set of SLINGERLAND Fiberglass Congas, Early 70's, Exact Date unknown although with the Serial Number, 06080, I am Sure we can place EXACT Date. I figure Circa 1973 0r 74. Color is METALLIC LIGHT GREEN or an AQUA Tone, depending on how you slice it. These CONGAS sound AWESOME. They are 11 3/4 and 12/12 respectively. SLINGERLAND's Lugs were very advanced and Progressive for their time and actually used the TIMPANI Concept of tuning. You tune THE OTHER WAY towards you. The SLINGERLAND Story is very Similar to other CONGA makers from the 70's that dealt in FIBERGLASS. By this time the Market was dominated by LATIN PERCUSSION and SLINGERLAND, GON BOPS and other Companies attempting to compete in that Market found themselves overwhelmed by Mr. Cohen's Marketing and Strategies not to mention the Endorsement of Most of the Great Percussionists playing Out there. It doesn't matter that the Product could be Just as Good or even Superior in Some ways, it just could not compete with LP at the Time. SLINGERLAND being one of the Greatest Drum Companies ever, desisted from Making these AWESOME Congas since they really did not need to involve themselves in the Latin Market per se. That being said, Various Percussionists had a very high opinion of these CONGAS, and DON ALIAS owned SIX White ones that sounded INCREDIBLE when I saw him in NEW YORK CITY's BOTTOM LINE in 1983 with the JACO PASTORIUS WORD OF MOUTH BAND with BOB MINTZER, OTHELLO and PETER ERSKINE. He also used his extensively on the DAVID SANBORN SHOW and they sounded Great and projected inmensely. For Price contact me but you have to pay the Shipping. Contact me if interested Anyone out there through CONGAPLACE. The 11 3/4 has a REMO NUSkyn Plastic Head the 12/ 12 has a CalfSkin Head.
Attachments
S1.jpg
CongaSinger

Re: SLINGERLAND CONGAS for Sale

Postby rubin » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:08 am

Hello, finally did you sell them?
rubin

Re: SLINGERLAND CONGAS for Sale

Postby CongaSinger » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:21 pm

My SLINGERLANDS are Still Available. It's a Rare Color. Let me know. Send me an E-Mail directly with an E-Mail address so I can return your Message. Thanks !!
CongaSinger

Return to INSTRUMENTS FOR SALE