Bobby Allende Conga Set for SALE!

Sell your intruments here, or post up any bargains you come across for sale.
Forum rules
Sell your own gear here, or post up any links to sales of percussion instruments.
KEEP IT POSITIVE PLEASE, SAVE ANY NEGATIVITY TO PRIVATE MESSAGE.

Bobby Allende Conga Set for SALE!

Postby Kaban » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:46 am

Hi guys,

I bought the set (conga & tumba) about three months ago, there everything you hear about; really loud, easy to get tones, beautiful, nice round tones, BUT I miss the sound of nature (skin & wood). Being that I am not a professional, that I drum for pure self satisfaction (therapeutic), and not to mention there too loud for a house hold with a baby, its best I buy something warmer.

I really noticed the difference of being calmer when I was playing on real skins, so I am going back; trying to invest in Pearl Folkloric Congas, but I need some money. I currently have them on Craigs, http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/msg/2705298874.html .

If they don't sell soon, I will take best offer; so pm me with an offer if your interested.

I am asking for 500 for them, I paid 880, includes everything they come with, including the boxes.

Thanks,
Jesse
Kaban

Re: Bobby Allende Conga Set for SALE!

Postby tigre77 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:57 pm

Good luck selling those, especially on this forum. I was crazy to start but lacking information on drums so I bought a conga/tumba allende set on craigslist for about 450 when I first started learning. Eventually I ran into the same desire you are experiencing right now minus the baby. Sam Ash will give you credit for the allende drum towards another purchase of whatever if other avenues fail. Think of it as the hard knock tax for newbies who love latin rhythms but lack drum knowledge.

Tigre
tigre77

Postby b0ng0 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:11 pm

Nice set & great price! Too bad I'm not in chicago..
b0ng0

Postby Kaban » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:23 am

Going to Guitar Center and getting credit is the most simple solution, but I would brother sell to someone cheap, then to sell to Guitar Center, they'll just turn around and make some poor dude pay double for what they give me. We'll see what plays out, but I got to get them out before my wife see the credit card bill next month. :oops:

God Speed,
Jesse
Kaban

Postby onile » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:17 pm

Be forwarned! Taking any equipment to Sam Ash, or Guitar Center to sell, or trade-in is gonna be a very disheartening experience to say the least.

1st of all, you paid retail price!
2nd of all, they can get the same product at wholesale (or whatever arrangement they have with the manufacturer)
3rd of all, they offer you half of what it would cost them to purchase the product. So you can excpect to get at best a third of what you paid for the set, or per drum.

It's understandable, and the way of commerce, to buy low and sell high (and I don't mean altered states :D ).
I've exerienced this before, and will only do this again in a very, very desperate situation.....like if a bill needs paying, need food, or...well, you get the picture. Wife finding out about an unapproved purchase, may very well qualify however!

Good luck and hopefully, you'll walk away with a good deal none the less!

Stay well!

Onile!
Que Nsambi les acutare pa' siempre!
onile

Postby Kaban » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:52 am

SOLD :!: Now to get me a Folkloric Conga. :D
Kaban

Postby vxla » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:48 am

Good to see there's someone else here from the Chicago area!
vxla

Return to INSTRUMENTS FOR SALE