GREAT PRICE!..UNBELIEVABLE!...

Sell your intruments here, or post up any bargains you come across for sale.
Forum rules
Sell your own gear here, or post up any links to sales of percussion instruments.
KEEP IT POSITIVE PLEASE, SAVE ANY NEGATIVITY TO PRIVATE MESSAGE.

GREAT PRICE!..UNBELIEVABLE!...

Postby JohnnyConga » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:09 am

HERE IS A LISTING HERE IN SEATTLE CRAIGSLIST...MAN I HAVE A SET OF PERFORMERS SERIES AND THEY ARE A GOOD SET OF DRUMS ..YOU CANT GO WRONG FOR THE PRICE WITH CASES INCLUDED..MAN ...SOMEBODY SHOULD JUMP ON THIS....

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/msg/2464300144.html
JohnnyConga

Re: GREAT PRICE!..UNBELIEVABLE!...

Postby pavloconga » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:41 pm

$350 for 3 x LP congas and hard cases.
Could be genuine. But you know the saying, if it sounds too good to be true...
pavloconga

Postby JohnnyConga » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:56 pm

IT IS TRUE!...people here in Washington do not know the worth of conga drums..I have bought brand new LP's here for $300.oo for a pair...so i would go for this deal if i needed a great price on some unused drums...and I can tell u that there are only 5 real conga players in the whole city of Seattle and Im one of them...so there are a lot of people here with conga drums that bought them because they thought they could play them...until they found out it wasnt going to be easy and they decide to sell them...there are other congas available as well on the Seattle Craigslist...so chek it out...
JohnnyConga

Postby b0ng0 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:29 pm

i agree with JC, my brother has those PS LP congas, theyre a great deal for the price, this offer is even better tho, just add some Remo conga heads and they'll sound just like top of the line LP congas, Hopefully someone goes for that offer.
b0ng0

Postby KING CONGA » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:37 pm

IMHO.
Ive owned performer series Congas and dont recomend them to anybody. The hardware, lugs, crowns. bolts are just like the Aspires, weak. The skins are terrible. sSave a little more and wait for some Matadors or LP Classics. Mis dos centavos.
KING CONGA

Postby Mike » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:16 pm

KING CONGA wrote:IMHO.
Ive owned performer series Congas and dont recomend them to anybody. The hardware, lugs, crowns. bolts are just like the Aspires, weak. The skins are terrible. sSave a little more and wait for some Matadors or LP Classics. Mis dos centavos.

I´d second that.
Halfway decent only for absolute beginners - you
will soon want more and thus pay more in the end.
Peace & drum
Mike

Postby OLSONGO » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:15 pm

I happen to have 3 PS and they sing and i love to hit hard in the rumbas but in the shows i let the mic do the work. , all i did was just change the heads to cow and put on traditional crowns, and they sound sweet...As Leedy says , when you go and put on thick bull or mule then you need the extra thick hardware, putting the drum through unecessary extra stress . ( I also own Classics, Patatos, Bauers, and Gon Bops.)

Peace
Olsongo
OLSONGO

Postby KING CONGA » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:37 am

OLSONGO wrote:I happen to have 3 PS , all i did was just change the heads to cow and put on traditional crowns, and they sound sweet. Peace Olsongo

Good thinking.
I sold the three that I had to a friend, he the changed the crowns to LP confort, actually he was only able to find two that fit. He also changed some of the tuning lugs because they started to bend.
Mounted some Remo fiberskins, which totally changed the sound, they sound very nice.
Personally, I think that by the time you change hardware and skins you could have just bought a nice descent set of used Matadors or Classics, plus I like their shape better also.
Peace.
Attachments
DSC00635.JPG
KING CONGA

Postby OLSONGO » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:09 am

To be honest I couldn't pass up the deal on my 3 PS. brand new. the black and natural wood combination , I call them my Tuxedo congas, for weddings and divorces :lol: congas , they do get plenty of complements.

Peace
Olsongo
OLSONGO

Return to INSTRUMENTS FOR SALE