2 80s Gon Bops For Sale

Sell your intruments here, or post up any bargains you come across for sale.
Forum rules
Sell your own gear here, or post up any links to sales of percussion instruments.
KEEP IT POSITIVE PLEASE, SAVE ANY NEGATIVITY TO PRIVATE MESSAGE.

2 80s Gon Bops For Sale

Postby somedrummer » Thu May 26, 2011 10:56 pm

Hello all... Ive been looking around trying to find some info on these drums. I think what I have is a Conga (IC-3000) and Tumba (IT-3000) from the early 80s. They each have a few cracks (which haven't made it up the length of the shell as far as I can tell. Otherwise, the finish is beautiful aside from a few scratches (nothing like what is "standard" for drums of this age). They are really beautiful drums. I'm looking for offers for them and have an idea in my head of what they're worth, so please give me some fair offers, and let me know what you think of them!
Attachments
DSC07088.JPG
DSC07095.JPG
somedrummer

Re: 2 80s Gon Bops For Sale

Postby Psych1 » Thu May 26, 2011 11:36 pm

I love the 3000 series congas and bongos. I think they sound as good, maybe better, then the $800 "designer" drums. But, for some crazy reason, the going price for them is way out of line with their value - you probably won't get close to what they are worth. The cracks bring down the price a lot and it is an easy fix. I'd hang on to them for another 20/30 years. Nothing better is going to come along and they will improve even more with age.
Psych1

Return to INSTRUMENTS FOR SALE