Dealing with spams

If You don't find any solution consulting our faq archive post Your questions here

Dealing with spams

Postby Mike » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:42 am

I have just reported about 20 spam posts advertising cheap products from the Asian subcontinent.

So here´s my question to the admins: Is there no way to stop those bastards flooding this site with their crap? :evil:

BTW when you report a post there is the button "notify me" when it is dealt with, but never
ever do you get notified if you click "yes" there. :?
Peace & drum
Mike

Re: Dealing with spams

Postby ABAKUA » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:03 am

Mike wrote:I have just reported about 20 spam posts advertising cheap products from the Asian subcontinent.

So here´s my question to the admins: Is there no way to stop those bastards flooding this site with their crap? :evil:

BTW when you report a post there is the button "notify me" when it is dealt with, but never
ever do you get notified if you click "yes" there. :?

Hey Mike, thanks for the reporting, I do get a message when that happens, but as I login to the Admin page, I go directly to the spam user account, and deactivate their account, ban and delete posts all by one click. Once I confirm the selection it takes me straight back to Admin login and I tend to forget about feeding back that its been actioned. hehehehe Sorry brother. :oops: :lol:

Some time ago the software was updated so you cant have automatic join up etc seems now its actual people signing up with spam accounts. :roll: Pathetic really.
I will make this aware to the site owner and see if there is any further upgrade possible.
Thanks.
ABAKUA
Site Admin

Re: Dealing with spams

Postby Mike » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:48 am

Thanks, Marcelo,
I appreciate your quick response.
Let them bleedin´spammers die... :twisted: :lol:
Peace & drum
Mike

Return to Help!