Pablo Roche

Let's discuss about the origin and history of this beautiful instrument...

Postby zaragenca » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:15 pm

I did some reaserch and I find out something important so I'm making it a new topic,the batalero standing behind the picture with Trinidad Torregosa,Raul'Nasaco' Diaz', and what would be Giraldo Rodrigues,(all of them seated),is not Pablo Roche....Do anybody knows who he is?,or the reason why he is not Pablo Roche?..This one is going to be a good one thrust me.Dr. Zaragemca
International Club of Percussionists
zaragenca

Postby ABAKUA » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:47 am

I assume you mean this one?

As posted by Thomas Altmann:

here is the photo that John Amira had sent me. It shows Pablo Roche (back row, standing left), an unknown person (right) and seated from left to right Trinidad Torregrosa, Raúl Díaz, and Giraldo Rodríguez.

Edited By ABAKUA on 1159843827
ABAKUA
Site Admin

Postby Facundo » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:43 pm

zaragenca wrote:I did some reaserch and I find out something important so I'm making it a new topic,the batalero standing behind the picture with Trinidad Torregosa,Raul'Nasaco' Diaz', and what would be Giraldo Rodrigues,(all of them seated),is not Pablo Roche....Do anybody knows who he is?,or the reason why he is not Pablo Roche?..This one is going to be a good one thrust me.Dr. Zaragemca

Doc Z,

The photo submitted by Thomas was actually taken by William Bascom while doing field research in Cuba. I have seen the article it came from. It was Bascom that noted who was in the photo he had taken. Are you going to say that he didn't know whose picture he was taking? Now I have seen close up pictures of Pablo Roche and it does look like him to me. Pablo died from tuberculosis. Please don't tell us that the guy standing on the left couldn't be Pablo because he is holding a cigar! Ok, now please tell us what is behind the "Z curtain".

Best regards,
Facundo
Facundo
Facundo

Postby davidpenalosa » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:16 pm

I'll take William Bascom's word on this.
-David
davidpenalosa

Postby ABAKUA » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:04 pm

zaragenca wrote:thrust me.

I think I'd rather not.... :laugh: :D

Facundo wrote:Are you going to say that he (William Bascom while doing field research in Cuba) didn't know whose picture he was taking? Now I have seen close up pictures of Pablo Roche and it does look like him to me. Pablo died from tuberculosis. Please don't tell us that the guy standing on the left couldn't be Pablo because he is holding a cigar! Ok, now please tell us what is behind the "Z curtain".

Best regards,
Facundo

First he calls Julito Collazo a liar, now this....

wonder whats next. ???

Edited By ABAKUA on 1159891671
ABAKUA
Site Admin

Postby zaragenca » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:18 pm

First of all I know that many references coming to this forum are not originally from the members,so I never try to blame any of the members for it,I would give more time to see if somebody come out with the reasons why Pablo Roche isn't the person in that picture.Dr. Zaragemca
zaragenca

Postby zaragenca » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:06 pm

The reason I have to finish this is becouse I have never say to sombady that he is wrong and point out the right information.this picture was taken in Matanzas,(which is the root of everybody involved there),the picture was taken in the early 40's,before toeegosa,and Raul Diaz moved to Habana to stayed there...At this time ans since 1930's Roche was already wearing glasses<9he couldn't go around without it),..Rocha never have the depression in the front head as this Master Batalero....The one in this picture is Ernesto Torriente,)of the same caliber of Roche,but from the Matanzas root), aroung 1940's he startarted teaching bata to the young man to his left which is 'Chacha' Vega, he is also one of the teacher of Raul 'Nasaco' Diaz,which came to Habana being already an Olu/Bata player.Dr. Zaragemca
zaragenca

Postby zaragenca » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:09 pm

The reason I have to finish this is becouse I have never say to sombady that he is wrong and point out the right information.this picture was taken in Matanzas,(which is the root of everybody involved there),the picture was taken in the early 40's,before Torregosa,and Raul Diaz moved to Habana to stayed there...At this time and since 1930's Roche was already wearing glasses(he couldn't go around without it),..Rocha never have the depression in the front head as this Master Batalero had).....The one in this picture is Ernesto Torriente,(of the same caliber of Roche,but from the Matanzas root), aroung 1940's he startarted teaching bata to the young man to his left which is 'Chacha' Vega, he is also one of the teacher of Raul 'Nasaco' Diaz,which came to Habana being already an Olu/Bata player.Dr. Zaragemca
zaragenca

Postby OBAKOSODIDE » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:25 pm

Alafia Dr. Z,

That is Pablo and that is NOT Cha Cha.
From the drum to Olofi's ears...gracias para aña
OBAKOSODIDE

Return to Bata Drums