Puerto Rico's (Big foot) National Legend protected species

Let's discuss about the origin and history of this beautiful instrument...

Puerto Rico's (Big foot) National Legend protected species

Postby Timba Pa Ti » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:19 pm

:D Hi there, I'm posting some of my Timbas Ismael drums 5 in total made of Puertorican Mahoganny and Stainless steel braces rims back plates and clamps,they were made to last .The Super tumbas were found in a humble country home near my town .They were used as table stands with a wooden door on top as a dinning table, covered with a table cloth or mantel. Some of these drums were made in the 1970's or probably earlier the sizes 11" 113/4" 12" 13" 14" . Two of these drums the 11" and 12" have a different type of rims I believe newer than the others original skins with Ismaels stamps.these two dont have the alma rims .I guess not needed for these sizes and use at the time, never used on gigs used on a christian church chorus band. Noticeably detail is the Lp handles original custom ordered,these other drums were bought from original owner.I hope you appreciate and understand that Puerto Rico is been the main, I repeat the main , stem of the african musical and cultural tree to the planet . Africa is the Root and Puerto Rico the flower. My respects to latin america and antillas. These drums can speak for themselves they were made to last and for the future ,my duty is to restore, preserve and pass it on. Thank you very much ,Timba pa ti. :wink:
Attachments
conga repair 198.jpg
Timbas Ismael 11"11 3/4"12"13"14"
conga repair 202.jpg
Timbas Ismael11" 11 3/4"12" 13" 14"
conga repair 201.jpg
Timbas Ismael stamp at the corner of the skin"
Timba Pa Ti

Re: Puerto Rico's (Big foot) National Legend protected species

Postby TONE74 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:33 pm

Those look real nice bro! They must sound real good.

What kind of music do you use them for?
TONE74

Postby Timba Pa Ti » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:03 pm

:DThank you my friend, Mostly Bomba, Rumba , Guaracha, aguinaldo, seis and Son, with a family local group,called "Contra la Corriente" Puertorican Jibaro music and Son Montuno from Cuba.
Timba Pa Ti

Postby KING CONGA » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:52 pm

Wow, beautiful congas my friend, they sound beautiful just by looking at them, congratulations on an awsome set of drums :mrgreen:
KING CONGA

Return to Congas or Tumbadoras or...