Small cajon bongos ...

Forum fully dedicated to the instrument

Small cajon bongos ...

Postby Beatnik07 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:14 pm

I have seen the usual lap top cajon bongos, but these sound interesting, and shall I say, look sort of cute ?
They are Schlagwerk WBM100/200.
But imo the timbre and sound volume somewhat reflect the small size of the instrument:

Beatnik07

Re: Small cajon bongos ...

Postby Chtimulato » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:37 pm

Why not? :)
For me, it's rather more an hybrid between a toy and a school instrument, more than a real bongó or a real cajón. But as I said, why not?

Did you notice the guy (certainly left-handed) reversed the drums after the first video? :)

Last Christmas, Santa Claus offered me this : https://meinlpercussion.com/en/products/myo-bcaj-m5907.html
It's certainly not as good as other models, from the same brand (https://meinlpercussion.com/en/instruments/filter/Cajons-f10486.html?parentCategoryIds%5B%5D=12821&fd=10486&hd=2657&orderBy=) or from others, but good enough to practice inbetween when I'm in a hurry and don't want to tune/detune a bongó.
Chtimulato

Postby Juaort » Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:51 am

I always found these interesting, but I’ve never played one. That woody sound is cool tho. I’ve had multiple opportunities to purchase a cajon, but passed up on it since I never got around to learning how to play them. Is it played in a “Repique” style? I have no clue.
Juaort

Postby Psych1 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:18 pm

I have one and it gets played more than any of my other bongos. It lives next to my couch and, with coasters, makes a great table. It is super lightweight and easily fits in a backpack or carryon so it often comes with me when I travel or go to the park or river bank. No tuning or detuning necessary And, it sounds great.

I bought it just for practice and to keep my chops up but I use it a lot!

Mine was made by Conrad - Spirit in the Wood. Mahogany with birch tops.
Attachments
thumbnail.jpeg
Psych1

Return to Bongo