Living the dream in the Bronx!...

This forum will be used by CongaPlace to announce what's new on-line... have a look at the new stuff and come back here for a quick comment! In this forum is not allowed to post new topic [reply only].

Living the dream in the Bronx!...

Postby JohnnyConga » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:12 am

This is how it was for me growing up in the Bronx at the height of the Latin music scene from the 50's 60's and 70's..

>
> http://www.herencialatina.com/South_Bro ... _Bronx.htm
JohnnyConga

Re: Living the dream in the Bronx!...

Postby DaBid_Son » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:12 am

What a great article! Thanks Johnny!

I must say I get great satisfaction reading about the history of our music, reading about all the great places, and how things came to be back then. In order to know where to take things you also know where they me from.

Could a Barrio like this ever be reproduced....

Thanks for sharing the article.

Saludos
DaBid_Son

Re: Living the dream in the Bronx!...

Postby JohnnyConga » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:12 pm

IMHO this will never be reproduced again in NY city or the Bronx...everything has changed and with it immigration as well...there are now almost as many Mexican Americans in the Bronx as there are Puerto Ricans, who once dominated the Bronx, hence all the clubs that existed, existed because of the music, the Latin personalities/bands of the time(Predominantly Puerto Rican)..which are now all gone...only a few still exist today..El Gran Combo, Johnny Pacheco, Sonora Poncena, Ralphy Levitt y La Selecta, and very few others...
JohnnyConga

Return to News