FACEBOOK ONLINE CONGA DRUM LESSONS/Skype

This forum will be used by CongaPlace to announce what's new on-line... have a look at the new stuff and come back here for a quick comment! In this forum is not allowed to post new topic [reply only].

FACEBOOK ONLINE CONGA DRUM LESSONS/Skype

Postby Sakuntu » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:55 am

Hey, folks, just wanted to chime in to let you all know that the Skype lesson with JC was extremely informative. I've been playing professionally part time for the past 15 years and felt stagnant in my playing and practicing. I've wanted to do the conga camp with JC but with a busy family life it wasn't the right time. So I hit him up for a Skype lesson. Johnny showed me numerous exercises and ways of approaching the drum with proper technique and attitude. His "CongaRobics" approach was simple in theory but challenging in practice. I now feel like i have more tools to better myself as a player and a musician. I highly recommend these lessons if your not able to do the conga camp.

And by the way...He's a cool guy! It was good getting to meet and see someone that i've only known virtually thru the congaboard.

PS I find that the signal is much more stable on Facebook Chat....JC
Sakuntu
Sakuntu

Re: SKYPE LESSONS

Postby JohnnyConga » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:45 pm

This is from one of my attendees Robert from Australia...

Good tutors are hard to find, inspired and dedicated ones are even rarer. JC is a very talented and unrecognised musician and maestro. If you are a serious musician and want to learn any latin conga styles and percussion then he is the one you should try. For the most incredible one on one experience thanks JC I learnt more in a week with you than in years with anyone else. And you know what? I will be back to learn what I couldn't absorb or pick up the first week. Value for money it was excellent, knowledge it was encyclopaedic, musically it was the most satisfying experience.
JohnnyConga

Postby Psyammy » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:18 am

Hey guys (and girls) I just want to jump in here real quick and say that I have started taking lessons from JC through skype and they are going very well. JC has a way of breaking it all down to make everything very easy to understand. I have always wanted to take lessons from him but taking another trip back to the states right now is just out of the question and not going to happen. So using skype is the next best thing to being there. Working with JC I heard my sound improve in just minutes (yes minutes, not hours or days) he goes through everything very slowly so you can see and understand it as well as talking you through it (to me, this is HOW you teach, I have met people that will show you something but they can not break it down for you to learn, therefore they might be able to play but cannot teach, JC CAN teach). Each lesson goes for one and a half hours but that’s not all, he has “popped up” on skype a few times to check up on me and see how I am going and if I have any questions, and these are not part of the lessons your paying for. (so that shows he really does care about your learning and progress) So to finish this off, would I recommend JC?
Not only yes, but, Hell yes! It is one of the best things I have ever done.

Psyammy
Psyammy

Postby DJBakan » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:36 pm

I would like to add that I took the Skype lessons with Johnny Conga and they were great, He is a really good teacher and He does not waste time. I learned rhythms and exercises so fast with him, that's the difference between a good conguero and a good conguero and teacher.

DJBakan
DJBakan

Postby JohnnyConga » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:02 am

Here is one of my latest 'online' students of the drum, Martial Artist/Teacher in Toronto Omar Salvosa...he is very quick in learning and very good in Jiu Jitsu. He has his own Dojo/School...

41772_811520117_7571_n.jpg
41772_811520117_7571_n.jpg (20.94 KiB) Viewed 11605 times
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:00 pm

For all u 'newbies'..I am available for you...just email me a private msg and we will go from there...I look forward to helping you on your road with the Drum!...
JohnnyConga

Postby tigre77 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:01 am

Ditto all of the above. JC will spot an unknown weakness and suggest exercises to correct. Significant improvement after that. Thumbs up!

Tigre77
tigre77

Re: FACEBOOK ONLINE CONGA DRUM LESSONS/Skype

Postby JohnnyConga » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:58 pm

Looking for a few new Conga drum students...please read others experiences with me here and on the Congazine page to read about others experiences with me...I can take you to the next level, hone your skills, technique, and sound development..Please email me privately at johnnyconga@hotmail.com...Gracias/Thank u!...
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:35 pm

Re: SKYPE LESSONS from Omar Salvosa

Postby Rhythm72 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:20 pm
Johnny was quicker on the draw than I was on this one!!! Just wanted to express my sincere thanks to JC for taking the time to teach me online. I returned to the tumbadoras after quite some time off working on developing my school. Now it's pure enjoyment working on another passion (MUSIC!)--the training is just like martial arts and Johnny has a gift of communicating in a genuine and patient way. His generosity and good humor provide the perfect vibe for relaxed and steady development. I highly recommend learning from him as I will continue to look forward to after a long day on the mats. Thanks Johnny!
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:03 pm

Any 'newbies' on the drum interested in Online lessons with me? email me at johnnyconga@hotmail.com and let's do it!..very reasonable...webcam and mic needed..email me at johnnyconga@hotmail.com and let's do it!...Tks!...
JohnnyConga

Postby rack56 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:07 pm

I have done the Skype Lessons with Johnny, and I must say I was pleased!!! So pleased I will be signing for more come April.
8)
rack56
rack56

Return to News