Eddie Bobè RIP

This forum will be used by CongaPlace to announce what's new on-line... have a look at the new stuff and come back here for a quick comment! In this forum is not allowed to post new topic [reply only].

Eddie Bobè RIP

Postby congabluedog » Tue May 10, 2022 8:37 pm

I have just heard of the passing of Eddie Bobè. He passed on October 31, 2021. I am truly saddened by this news. I was very fortunate to have known him and been his student. I will miss him but am so grateful for all that he has taught me, about life and this music that we all love.
“Eddie Bobè was an inspired creative force and master of folkloric percussion and vocal traditions of the African Diáspora. Bobè was a foundational figure in the New York world of percussionists. His old school knowledge and respect combined with his experimental and unique ideas were crucial to both the retention and expansion of these musical and cultural expressions –traditions and knowledge that can never die, because of committed guardians like Bobè. We are eternally grateful to Eddie Bobè who lives on through his collaborations and contributions.” Michele Rosewoman (Quoted from ALJA Tribute) RIP Eddie Bobè https://afrolatinjazz.org/ancestral-tri ... 8-19-2022/
congabluedog

Return to News