Teaching in Chicago and remotely

Teachers looking for students and vice-versa can use this forum to post their announcements (please include State, City and Contact infos)

Teaching in Chicago and remotely

Postby vxla » Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:47 pm

I'm available for lessons to beginning, intermediate and advanced students. I teach bata, bongo, congas, drum set and other percussion, and can do either in-person lessons, group classes or remote classes via the Internet.

If interested, email me via my website at https://www.ericpancer.com
Last edited by vxla on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
vxla

Re: Teaching in Chicago and remotely

Postby Thomas Altmann » Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:07 am

Hi Eric,

nice website, really professional in terms of what potential students want /need to know of you, informative and no-nonsense. Not really a web designer's delight, though; I guess that's on purpose.

The one thing I admire, or envy you for, is the legit classical side. I never studied that, and I didn't even have the option, but today I wish I had it at my hand.

On the first website that I had, I had mixed contents of musical and religious Lukumí subjects, but later decided to separate the topics on two individual sites, because there are many music students or drum disciples (and their parents!) who don't want to be bothered by some obscure "Voodoo" stuff, and also many religiously inclined visitors for whom music is secondary at best. I suggest that you take that into consideration. The batá are crossing the borders, of course.

Greetings,
Thomas
Thomas Altmann

Re: Teaching in Chicago and remotely

Postby vxla » Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:43 am

Thomas Altmann wrote:nice website, really professional in terms of what potential students want /need to know of you, informative and no-nonsense. Not really a web designer's delight, though; I guess that's on purpose.

Correct. It's a website to deliver information.

Thomas Altmann wrote:On the first website that I had, I had mixed contents of musical and religious Lukumí subjects, but later decided to separate the topics on two individual sites, because there are many music students or drum disciples (and their parents!) who don't want to be bothered by some obscure "Voodoo" stuff, and also many religiously inclined visitors for whom music is secondary at best. I suggest that you take that into consideration. The batá are crossing the borders, of course.

Thanks, but I do not share your opinion.
vxla

Return to Teachers&Sudents FINDER!