Timba.com

If you know about any good item or you are looking for it, use this forum to post your messages!

Timba.com

Postby rhythmrhyme » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:41 am

Hey there fellow board members,

I'm wondering if anyone here is responsible for this great site http://www.timba.com

It's a very active blog, with so much up to date information - nice resource!
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana
rhythmrhyme

Re: Timba.com

Postby Derbeno » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:38 am

One of my favourite sites. For new releases, tours, old and new bands news etc

However, a music genre of little relevance according to our respected USA salsa community on this site.
Echale candela, p'afinar los cueros
Derbeno

Postby vasikgreif » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:59 am

The site was created by Michael P. Lazarus, a Grammy award winning mastering enginner. The content is submitted by volunteers from all over the world, most of the content is created by quite a small number of core timba geeks / fans / educators, like Kevin Moore, Michelle White or Tom Ehrlich (these are the ones I know, there are more for sure).

Cool site with great info, but kind of hard to navigate thru and find what you're looking for - there's incredible amount of content, and the navigation is kind of unpredictable...
vasikgreif

Postby vasikgreif » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:02 am

Btw., speaking of websites, two weeks ago I finished a site for Beyond Salsa Series books, written by Kevin Moore - there are a lot of books already (percussion too), with a lot more coming!

check it out: http://beyondsalsa.info
vasikgreif

Postby Thomas Altmann » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:01 am

Kevin is here on CongaPlace. One of the first thing he did here was to discuss with me about my critical view of the Tomas Cruz books. I don't know whether he's still around.

Kevin's site is fantastic. Great work. I also bought two of his Calixto Oviedo percussion books. I can recommend them.

Thomas
Thomas Altmann

Return to Books, Videos and CD for conga students