José Eladio Book!!!

If you know about any good item or you are looking for it, use this forum to post your messages!

José Eladio Book!!!

Postby tamboricua » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:09 pm

José Eladio is a master percussionist from la ENA in Havana and Curtis Lanoue has been putting the final touches on this book since 1998.

It's quite a deal at $15.

https://www.createspace.com/3661910

Saludos,

JG
tamboricua

Re: José Eladio Book!!!

Postby JohnnyConga » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:56 pm

I ordered it yesterday!..Tks for the heads up!...
JohnnyConga

Postby niallgregory » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:18 pm

Hey JC let us know what its like when you get it in the mail ! Not sure if they can send to Ireland . cheers . Niall ..
niall gregory
niallgregory

Postby JohnnyConga » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:19 am

Hi Niall right now i got 4 books im going thru in pieces..2 of them are the David Penalosa books Clave Matrix and Rumba Quinto, which i might get thru sometime within the next 5 years and still reading Ned Subletts book for the past 2 years, in pieces, LOT of info,....and then Jose Eladios book...depending on how many pages there are to go thru hahahahaha...give me some time and I'll let u guys know... :shock: ...ps you should be able to get the book thru Amazon.com..which that site will take you to, for purchase...
JohnnyConga

Postby niallgregory » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:51 am

Cheers jc . I am also reading davids quinto book , Ned sublettes book and a book called the " secret history of the world " that i just got for my birthday ! Will check amazon for that other one though . Thanks . Niall ..
niall gregory
niallgregory

Postby burke » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:50 pm

I'm interested but I see the companion CD is not available yet. Wonder what the price with CD will be.

Darrell
Burke
burke

Postby AfroCubanPerWor » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:09 pm

Wow. I still can't believe people know about this book outside of those I've personally told. And I further can't believe people are excited about it! It's a great feeling and make me proud to have done this book with Jose. All good parts of the book are his and bad parts are mine.

The DVD IS now available. You can also see more excerpts from the book and links to youtubes from the DVD if you do a Google search for "Afro-Cuban Percussion Workbook." About halfway down the first page is a link to a google site. I would post the URL but it gets blocked from work. Grrrr.

I hope those of you have already gotten copies have enjoyed it!

Curtis

EDIT: Now that I'm home the link is in my sig (you can also see some previews on Amazon but there are more on the Google site)
Curtis Lanoue
Omo Añá sworn to Ife bi Añá by Ezequiel Torres and Alberto Quintero
Co-Author Afro-Cuban Percussion Workbook: https://sites.google.com/site/afrocuban ... kbook/home
AfroCubanPerWor

Postby plenero21 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:29 pm

tamboricua wrote:José Eladio is a master percussionist from la ENA in Havana and Curtis Lanoue has been putting the final touches on this book since 1998.

It's quite a deal at $15.

https://www.createspace.com/3661910

Saludos,

JG

me interesa jorge...pedrobarriera
plenero21

Postby tamboricua » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:55 pm

Hola Pedro,

Yo personalmente no tengo el libro. Simplemente ayudando a un colega percusionista a correr la voz.

Saludos,

JG
tamboricua

Return to Books, Videos and CD for conga students