Tomas Cruz Method Volume 1 - Do I need it?

If you know about any good item or you are looking for it, use this forum to post your messages!

Tomas Cruz Method Volume 1 - Do I need it?

Postby rob280783 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:35 pm

Hi,

I´ve been convinced by the reviews on the forum to invest in the Tomas Cruz DVDs. I´ve been playing congas for a couple of years now and was thinking of going straight in at Volume 2. Would I be missing alot from if I skipped volume 1?

Thanks,
Rob
rob280783

Re: Tomas Cruz Method Volume 1 - Do I need it?

Postby JohnnyConga » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:45 pm

Im sure there is something in the first book that could be helpful...don't try to cut corners learning, there aren't any....it all takes time...so go thru the first book and Im sure there is something there u may learn from...also remember that video learning only goes so far and a Mentor is really needed to keep u on the right learning path...if u need any help just go to youtube.com type my name in search Johnny Conga...I have many free learning videos as well...and If u need any mentoring I am here for you...
JohnnyConga

Postby rob280783 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:50 pm

Great thanks JC. I´m currently taking lessons from a guy called Jesus Catala here in Madrid. Really great guy from Cuba.

Moving back to London next month and will have to try to track down a decent mentor there. :?

I´ll get stuck into volume 1 in the meantime! :D

cheers,
Rob
rob280783

Postby burke » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:09 pm

I think there is value in Vol 1

The first sections are indeed very, very basic but I know I picked up some pointers or at least other approaches to fundimentals - and it helped my open slap a great deal. But the main thing is the actual way he teaches which reflects the approach taken at the Arts School in Cuba [since bourne out by taking some lessons from a graduate of the same school by me].

Also, the exersises are great. I know there are lots and lots of exersizes out there - but doing them with the DVD is way better - I've incorperated quite a few into my routine. Finally the 'recusos' at the end are pretty niffty [and not easy if you've never done them before] as well.

Cheers

Darrell
Burke
burke

Return to Books, Videos and CD for conga students