Back in the game - with new Congas!

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Re: Back in the game - with new Congas!

Postby Siete Leguas » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:29 pm

Thanks for the information!

I am truly impressed by this drum. What a fantastic sound! It must be that sweet combination of wood and skin. The cows over here seem to be highly appreciated regarding sound, I heard Munz & Simonsen also use cows from Southern Germany on their drums, Banux' skins are too.

My next project will be putting some cow skins on the PJs. Do you know if one can buy skins from Jost Reiche? I am not sure where to get them yet, I am gathering some information first.

How are your congas doing? Are the skins fully broken in already?
Siete Leguas

Postby Chtimulato » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:58 pm

@ Siete Leguas

" but does somebody see a problem in tuning it often up and down (from rumba quinto tone to, let's say, tres dos'?"

No. Not me at any case. :)

Re: skins, I now use swedish bull skins from Takt Percussion. They are a killing, really. I can't find the website by now, but they've got a Facebook page - yes, Facebook again... :)
These skins are great, and I also know the maker, who is a great guy. FIY, he also sells skins to Moperc.
Chtimulato

Postby Mike » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:05 pm

Siete Leguas wrote:. Do you know if one can buy skins from Jost Reiche? I am not sure where to get them yet, I am gathering some information first.

How are your congas doing? Are the skins fully broken in already?

No, he does not sell skins seperately.

But the skins on my Reiches are broken in beautifully, yup.
Peace & drum
Mike

Postby Siete Leguas » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:53 pm

Thanks for your answers, mates.

Although I'm not on FB, I could peek into some Fotos from the Takt Percussion page. Those skins look very nice indeed! I will keep them in mind.

Mike wrote:But the skins on my Reiches are broken in beautifully, yup.

Glad to hear that. If you ever think of departing from any of them, I think I could provide them with a safe new home ;)
Sorry for hijacking the thread... I just wanted to share my joy and thought I could use your Reiches as an excuse to do it! :)
Siete Leguas

Previous

Return to CongaSet and accessories