Hi all, I just finished up this set of rope tuned congas and I'm really happy with both the look and sound. These are slightly smaller than a full size set. 28" tall with heads at 10, 11, 11.75 diameters. I did solid walnut stave design with bubinga accent.
I know there is lots of concern about specific tuning with the rope system - I used a strobe tuner on my phone and was able to tune these to E-G-C tuning without much trouble at all. I noticed that one "diamond" or knot in the rope changed the note about half way (I don't know correct terms). Took me about 10 min to tune them up for the video.