I need help identifying this Bongo

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

I need help identifying this Bongo

Postby Chiconga » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:07 am

Bongoceros y Congueros, Have any of you ever seen this type of bongo with three lugs? It is quality built bongo of mahogany with a nice bearing edge and although the hardware is only three lug it is solid. I found it at the local Goodwill, casi regalado. I hope someone will have an idea of it's origins. Thanks to all.
Attachments
IMG_20150624_184125960_HDR.jpg
IMG_20150624_183822388.jpg
Chiconga

Re: I need help identifying this Bongo

Postby caballoballo » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:04 am

Saludos, never seen it before but if you got it almost regalao would be worth it then to have a traditional hardware made to fit.
Josean
caballoballo

Postby Chiconga » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:15 pm

Ballo, Seguro but 1st I'll try some hardware from another bongose & if it fits, great, si no a fabricar y gracias por responder.
Chiconga

Postby docarroyo » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:06 pm

Good day nice looking Bongo, how do they sound? Does the hardware do its job do they tune well? It looks well constructed nice wood and the hardware looks strong. The ears on the crowns/rims look like a style Gon Bops used on their afro models. Could be a prototype from Gon Bops hard to tell. If they play well, tune well I would leave them as is and you will have a unique set of Bongo that no one else has. I met a guy who had a Quinto and did not like its hardware so he switched with modern hardware off a CP conga. He sold it a while later he said he had the rim and if I would like it since he had no use for it. He gave it to me and it turns out it was off a Requena, I asked him about the side plates and said since they were rusty he threw them out many years ago. He doesn't remember who sold the drum to either. What a shame to ruin a great vintage drum like that, I still have that rim and I hope to run across its shell one day, LOL. Just some food for thought, good luck with them and enjoy in good health.
docarroyo

Postby KING CONGA » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:27 pm

Nice looking for sure. I am in total agreement with docaroyo, if they tune well sound good and are not damaged keep them as they are.
KING CONGA

Return to CongaSet and accessories