Vintage Cuban Drums

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Vintage Cuban Drums

Postby docarroyo » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:22 am

Just thought some of you would like to see a rare set of old Cubans. I like to keep my drums in as original condition as possible. In the antique world there is something called patina, I don't go that far but if they look ok and play well why change them.
Attachments
IMG_0260.JPG
docarroyo

Re: Vintage Cuban Drums

Postby pcastag » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:18 am

Nice doc, I swear that drum on the right looks just like my old one, is there some fiberglass under one of the lug plates from a repair? I sent it off to Jay to do a repair, got the drum fom Phil Kraus along with some reqeuna bongos, old NYC studio cat that played xylophone on all the old loony tunes cartoons.
PC
pcastag

Postby KING CONGA » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:38 pm

Great set of congas for sure. I dig that Requena with the vergara crown. Is the larger one a Requena as well? The side plates look Requena but not the crown.
I have always enjoyed vintage instrument but more than any, vintage congas. I do feel extremely blessed to own my Requena, I continue to greatly enjoy it.
I hope to one day own a Requena Bongo as well.
One thing is for sure, I never get tired of seen vintage congas.
Here is mine.
KING CONGA

Postby Omelenko1 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:55 am

Those 2 look like Candido Requena to me, definitely the sideplates. They have that sleek Cuban (made en la Habana) look.
Omelenko1

Return to CongaSet and accessories