ears protection?

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

ears protection?

Postby joaozinho » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:47 pm

Hello guys!,Do you use ears protection when you play? I mean,in your dailly routine?

http://youtu.be/6hPmG8NNemg

Thanks !!
joaozinho

Re: ears protection?

Postby rhythmrhyme » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:34 pm

When practicing on the congas, not as much as I used to, I think my playing has gotten a lot cleaner and I tend to practice like I play, so I don't rip around as much as I did before.

When I'm going to amplified rehearsals, or rehearsing when people are playing bells, kit or other loud percussion, I use these : http://www.etymotic.com/hp/erme.html

I have the 15db reduction and they can handle a lot of volume. I'm quite comfortable practicing on my kit with them as well (I ALWAYS wear ear protection when practicing on the kit!)

RR
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana
rhythmrhyme

Postby Thebreeze » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:55 am

I have a friend that is somewhat hard of hearing and he told me it's because he would play his congas seated in front of the Horn section of his band for years.
Thebreeze

Postby joaozinho » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:57 am

thanks rhythmrhyme & thebreeze.Those earplugs looks really good(Benefits :
Reduces sound levels evenly so that music and speech are clear and natural, not muffled as with other earplugs ) that's great!I agree,when you play with a lound band (not my case) in time you can develop serios problems.I think I'm going to make a gift to my loved :mrgreen: neighbours
joaozinho

Postby roberthelpus » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:13 pm

joaozinho wrote:thanks rhythmrhyme & thebreeze.Those earplugs looks really good(Benefits :
Reduces sound levels evenly so that music and speech are clear and natural, not muffled as with other earplugs ) that's great!I agree,when you play with a lound band (not my case) in time you can develop serios problems.I think I'm going to make a gift to my loved :mrgreen: neighbours

Reduces sound levels more evenly so that music and speech are clearer and more natural, not as muffled as with other earplugs. :D

They do a pretty good job and given the choice between toasting your ears and having a diminished frequency response...

...put those puppies in.

I bought one of those little aluminum key ring pill holders to have my ERs on me all of the time. You can find those at most drug stores. I don't use them when practicing by myself or in quieter acoustic situations. I do grab a pair of plugs or muffs for doing such things as cutting the grass or running a power tool for more than a few seconds.
roberthelpus

Return to CongaSet and accessories