Electronic Metronome

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Electronic Metronome

Postby Marcus » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:38 pm

I am starting to want to play with a clave metronoms in addition to a regular down beat metronone. I still have a flip phone and do not like to lug the laptop around house. Essentually a low tech guy right now. There are some electronic metronomes on the market and was curious of the reviews from various forum members. Not yet able to tap my foot to a clave pattern and play at the same time but that is where I would like to go. Hoping that other members have some suggestions for specific brands. The Korg KDM2 appears to be a contender.

thx, marcus
Marcus

Re: Electronic Metronome

Postby Derbeno » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:56 pm

BOSS DB-60 is my choice. Had it for about 6+ years and have no complaints whatsoever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib09NgIXk80

It's featured at about 1:33
Echale candela, p'afinar los cueros
Derbeno

Postby Marcus » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:15 pm

Hey Derbeno,

That looks pretty darn good. They do not say much about the programming like if you can program the short and long bell in 12/8. Have you been able to program other rhythms with ease?

thx, Marcus
Marcus

Postby Derbeno » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:23 pm

It comes with son 3:2 and 2:3 preprogramed. I don't think you can do a lot of self programing. For that you need a smart phone apps such as Tempo.
Does your phone play mp3?
Another suggestion is to program loops at different tempo with Percussionstudio or Fruityloops and save mp3 to your phone

Here is the link to the user manual
http://www.roland.com/support/article/? ... ls&p=DB-60
Echale candela, p'afinar los cueros
Derbeno

Postby Marcus » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:06 pm

Thanks Derbeno,

Seems simple enough. I will keep this in mind.

peace, marcus
Marcus

Return to CongaSet and accessories