Camel Skin Manito Requinto: 1st test (video)

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Camel Skin Manito Requinto: 1st test (video)

Postby Mr.Rumba » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:00 am

This is my new Manito Percussion Red Ambrosia Maple solid shell one piece CAMEL skin requinto being played in three different rooms (carpet/matt, cement /tile, and an open room on wood floors).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ly2cgbJJO38&feature=youtu.be
Attachments
24419_624142620945532_640906103_n.jpg
Mr.Rumba

Re: Camel Skin Manito Requinto: 1st test (video)

Postby KING CONGA » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:34 pm

I Like it! but to be honest, I can't tell the difference between Camel and Steer.
Cheers.
K.C.
KING CONGA

Postby Mr.Rumba » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:31 pm

KING CONGA wrote:I Like it! but to be honest, I can't tell the difference between Camel and Steer.
Cheers.
K.C.

K.C., let me make a better recording of it. I have some nice mic's I need to hook up! I was not able to capture the unique tonal characteristics with the camera mic I think.
Mr.Rumba

Postby Thebreeze » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:49 pm

Mr.Rumba.... how is the thickness on that Camel hide? ( 2mm, 3mm, ? )
Thebreeze

Postby jorge » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:45 am

Mr.Rumba wrote:K.C., let me make a better recording of it. I have some nice mic's I need to hook up! I was not able to capture the unique tonal characteristics with the camera mic I think.

More important than the mic are the room acoustics and the mic placement. To my ear, room 1 sounds the best of the 3, room 2 the worst (although it looks the nicest). Room 1 sounds the "driest" ie least echo and reflection, most sound absorption. This is good when trying to hear the sound of the drum. Play with mic placement several feet from the drum or across the room, so you get a balanced sound like others will hear it. Don't dismiss the camera mic until you have tried it out thoroughly in a pretty dry (dead, absorptive) sounding room.
jorge

Postby Mr.Rumba » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:20 am

Thebreeze wrote:Mr.Rumba.... how is the thickness on that Camel hide? ( 2mm, 3mm, ? )

just under 2mm.
Mr.Rumba

Postby Mr.Rumba » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:22 am

jorge wrote:
Mr.Rumba wrote:K.C., let me make a better recording of it. I have some nice mic's I need to hook up! I was not able to capture the unique tonal characteristics with the camera mic I think.

More important than the mic are the room acoustics and the mic placement. To my ear, room 1 sounds the best of the 3, room 2 the worst (although it looks the nicest). Room 1 sounds the "driest" ie least echo and reflection, most sound absorption. This is good when trying to hear the sound of the drum. Play with mic placement several feet from the drum or across the room, so you get a balanced sound like others will hear it. Don't dismiss the camera mic until you have tried it out thoroughly in a pretty dry (dead, absorptive) sounding room.

Thanks, great suggestions! I will try again using your ideas :)
Mr.Rumba

Return to CongaSet and accessories