My Fiberglass Drums

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

My Fiberglass Drums

Postby torpedo tom » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:08 pm

I am truly amazed at the clarity and tone of my new Patatos. I have never gotten these sounds out of my Meinls. I know that there is a difference in sound between wood and fiberglass, but still, these are an 11 on a scale of 1 to 10 in my book. I have always wanted a set of Originals and as soon as the funds build back up, will order a set of red ones or the new white Candidos. I am really a fiberglass kind of guy now.
torpedo tom

Re: My Fiberglass Drums

Postby Thebreeze » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:54 am

You really can't go wrong with a set of Patatos. I like the design, how the drums taper towards the bottom. I think that is a big part of the overall sound the drums produce. I have a set of 3 red ones and like them a lot.
Thebreeze

Postby torpedo tom » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:33 am

I have four red LPs, quinto, conga, and two tumbas. Love them.
torpedo tom

Postby torpedo tom » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:28 pm

I've been pretty busy and today is the first time I've got to practice in three days. Felt good to feel the skins and listen to "the girls" talk to me. How often do you get to practice?
torpedo tom

Postby Thebreeze » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:09 am

I would say on average about 3 times a week. Need to get in there more, but sometimes it's not too easy to do for me with my agenda.
Thebreeze

Postby Kaban » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:14 am

This afternoon i got to play for over an hour, I tried to get some in after dinner, but the baby started crying....not sure if it was my playing or she just wanted my attention :wink:
Kaban

Return to CongaSet and accessories