I Got Beautiful New Mule Skins From Jaisen Torres!

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

I Got Beautiful New Mule Skins From Jaisen Torres!

Postby Mr.Rumba » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:29 am

I just wanted to let people know that I got some GREAT Mule skins from Jaisen Torres that are some of the best I have ever seen! They are very even all the way around, which is quite unusual in a positive way. I put one on my old dead LP original and it has totally transformed the drum form a deadbeat into a thriller! Jaisen is a forum member here. I highly recommend these skins. People say mule is harder on your hands but I have not personally experienced that.
Here is a before and after video I made. If you are interested just contact Jaisen here. Thanks Jaisen!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1F4GkkFQIE
Mr.Rumba

Re: I Got Beautiful New Mule Skins From Jaisen Torres!

Postby jorge » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:42 am

Very hard to compare, the mule is tuned much higher and you are playing different rhythms. The tone of the cowhide sounded pretty good to me, although I can imagine the slaps were harder to get on the old cowhide tuned lower. How do the feel and sound of the mule compare when tuned the same as the cow was?
jorge

Postby Thebreeze » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:00 am

Mr.Rumba......I have noticed that you really like to post along with youtube links that you made. I don't know about everybody else, buy I for one am very delighted and happy that you take the time and make the efforts that you do to bring all the forum members such informative materials that we can not only see, but hear as well. You do a great job with the comparison videos so that we can see and hear the differences between different drums and skins, etc. Thanks from me to you for doing this and I know I am not the only one that appreciates what you are doing. I for one look forward to seeing these posts you put up and wonder what other posts you are planning on putting out.

p.s.... I saw the video you made on those HR Cedar congas and I like the nice warm sound that they put out. I can tell you enjoy playing and sharing with us. Thanks again.

Will.
Thebreeze

Postby Mr.Rumba » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:37 am

jorge wrote:Very hard to compare, the mule is tuned much higher and you are playing different rhythms. The tone of the cowhide sounded pretty good to me, although I can imagine the slaps were harder to get on the old cowhide tuned lower. How do the feel and sound of the mule compare when tuned the same as the cow was?

Sorry the tuning was not closer, I will work more closely next time. For me, for my style playing I am completely impressed 100% with the mule skin. Just amazed at the difference frankly. LOVE it! Jaisen has some nice skins, too! . I ordered 3 more!
Mr.Rumba

Postby Mr.Rumba » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:41 am

Thebreeze wrote:Mr.Rumba......I have noticed that you really like to post along with youtube links that you made. I don't know about everybody else, buy I for one am very delighted and happy that you take the time and make the efforts that you do to bring all the forum members such informative materials that we can not only see, but hear as well. You do a great job with the comparison videos so that we can see and hear the differences between different drums and skins, etc. Thanks from me to you for doing this and I know I am not the only one that appreciates what you are doing. I for one look forward to seeing these posts you put up and wonder what other posts you are planning on putting out.

p.s.... I saw the video you made on those HR Cedar congas and I like the nice warm sound that they put out. I can tell you enjoy playing and sharing with us. Thanks again.

Will.

Thank you so much for the appreciation and I am very happy you are enjoying the posts and videos. I have a lot of fun making them! It is nice to be in a forum where there are other people who share the same love and passion! Also, the videos I make on Youtube help the small companies like PM Percussion, Manito, Spirit In The Wood, HR and others get some wider exposure to the masses as many people out side of the forum here are not even aware that they exist. I love these small companies and the dedication that the artists like Manito, Conrad, Peter and Matt Smith have for their art and our drums! I have talked and chatted with these guys for hours and they love what they are doing as well. My next videos I want to compare several different solid shell conga drums such as Spirit In The Wood, Manito, Drumskulls (from Mali) and my friends drums he got in Cuba.
Mr.Rumba

Postby joaozinho » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:17 am

I have also mule skins,top quality mule skins from el Greco (descarga percurssions) from Greece.Probably they are expensive for you guys in USA,but,man they are oustanding skins.Theo is a very easy person to deal with.Honest and good worker.he speak Inglish and spanish.

http://soundcloud.com/joao-branco-9/solo-with-zoom-q3 They sound like this!!
joaozinho

Postby Mr.Rumba » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:48 pm

I just tried another Mule skin from another company. I have to say there is no comparison to the skins I got from Jaisen Torres here on the forum. Jaisen's skins are even all the way around and EASY to work with. The skin I have now is a wrestling match!
Mr.Rumba

Postby Jaisen Torres » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:33 am

mike im glad you like the skinsd you got from me , also thanks for the props ... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
anyone on the forum interested in skins can send me a pm , I have some mule hides left , & plenty of steer & cowhides aswell... all the best , you already know I keep the finest shhhh.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Jaisen.
Jaisen Torres

Postby Jaisen Torres » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:06 am

Mike , whats good bro , where you at , you M.I.A. , GET AT ME ...
Jaisen.
Jaisen Torres

Postby vinnieL » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:46 am

Nice work! the ule sounds much better.
vinnieL

Return to CongaSet and accessories