PM Percussion makes REALLY nice congas in California!

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

PM Percussion makes REALLY nice congas in California!

Postby Mr.Rumba » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:10 pm

I have not seen much here on PM Percussion congas in Petaluma California. I have met with Peter the owner and played his drums and they are very , very nice drums. They are solid drums, made very well. They look very nice and sound great. You can actually talk to him on the phone, he returns e-mails and is easy to deal with AND you do not have to wait one to three years for the drums. If you are looking at high end drums you should def. check him out!
pmpercussion@yahoo.com

http://www.pmpercussion.com/production-photos.html
played back to back with Matt Smiths, Gon Bops California, Spirit In The Wood:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDKimY4kGXw
Attachments
3333190.jpg
4406875.jpg
4406875.jpg (17.46 KiB) Viewed 3855 times
490742.jpg
490742.jpg (36.16 KiB) Viewed 3855 times
2275550.jpg
2275550.jpg (37.09 KiB) Viewed 3855 times
5541078.jpg
5541078.jpg (34.63 KiB) Viewed 3846 times
Mr.Rumba

Re: PM Percussion makes REALLY nice congas in California!

Postby Thebreeze » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:10 pm

My two favorites are the Oak Wine Barrel Series, and Cuban Tribute" Series. I like the fact that both are made from recycled wine barrel staves. Very nice indeed.
Thebreeze

Postby Mr.Rumba » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:16 am

Thebreeze wrote:My two favorites are the Oak Wine Barrel Series, and Cuban Tribute" Series. I like the fact that both are made from recycled wine barrel staves. Very nice indeed.

I am very impressed with Peter's workmanship and dedication. He is another one man operation doing it on his own and he is very excited about his drums and it shows in his attention to detail in all his work. Very well thought out,well made great sounding drums and it is so cool that the "tribute" models are indeed made like old cuban drums from recycled oak barrels as you mentioned! He already has a waiting list but what is nice is you can reach him on the phone, he calls people back and answers e-mail, too!
Mr.Rumba

Postby burke » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:21 pm

Unless I missed it I couldn't find prices.

I have a feeling it may be because "if you have to ask ... you can't afford it" :wink:

But if anyone has an idea of the range I'm curious.

D
Burke
burke

Postby KING CONGA » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:19 pm

burke wrote:Unless I missed it I couldn't find prices.

I have a feeling it may be because "if you have to ask ... you can't afford it" :wink:

But if anyone has an idea of the range I'm curious.

D

I got a quote from him not too long ago, same as S.O.O., $750.00 per drum
KING CONGA

Postby burke » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:57 pm

That's less than moperc ... I am pleasantly surprised!
Burke
burke

Went to PM Percussion yesterday in Petaluma: PHOTOS!

Postby Mr.Rumba » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:32 pm

I went to PM Percussion yesterday on my visit of Northern California and the quiet town of Petaluma. I was shocked at the incredible craftsmanship that Peter is displaying in his products. I walked in and said, "WOW"!! I WANT!!! I do not know if anyone has seen or played his stuff yet but as you can see, I am pretty amazed. I love the Pepperwood drums. They are high grade A furniture quality but more importantly sound fantastic. The fit and finish is superb, too!
The Cuban Heritage Series are so cool. They are made from imported French Oak Wine barrels! Enough said, please check out the photos:
Attachments
IMG_7336.jpg
Pepperwood 13" Tumba
IMG_7344.jpg
IMG_7346.jpg
IMG_7349.jpg
IMG_7357.jpg
Mr.Rumba

Postby Thebreeze » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:02 pm

It appears to me that PM Percussion is somewhat similar, and I will leave it at that, to Volcano, only because Peter also uses polished stainless steel, and his work is similar in quality to Volcano as well , with some very nice woods as well. My favorites are still the Cuban recycled barrel series. Maybe one day when the cash flows from my pockets I will be able to get a set. For now...... I am happy with my 3 Red LP Patatos that lots of Forum members have lately been raving about. Can't go wrong with Patatos.
Thebreeze

Return to CongaSet and accessories