Conga Cases

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Conga Cases

Postby Mr.Rumba » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:55 pm

All of the padded lighter cases I use fall apart very quickly. In 6 months they are finished! Especially the L.P.'s and any padded cases with wheels. The shelf life on padded drum cases is very short if you use them frequently and forget about using them every day. These hardshell cases in the photo are the only cases that seem to last. I like them but they are big and heavy. Has anyone found or come up with a smaller light weight or padded product that lasts and can withstand regular usage?
Attachments
IMG_0452.jpg
Mr.Rumba

Re: Conga Cases

Postby JohnnyConga » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:26 pm

I have had my 'rolling cases' since the 70's made by a fiber case company in L.A. ...and are in great shape..the LP cases are cumbersome iMHO...yea they are strong and durable...but I would go to a 'case' company and have mine made like i did back when..it's cheaper.. plus u can design them anyway you want with inner padding as well, and mine also have wheels on them to this day...30 something years later...
JohnnyConga

Postby bongosnotbombs » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:32 pm

Did you try Protection Racket? Very well made cases.
bongosnotbombs

Postby musiqman » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:50 am

Protection Racket has a new line, I use PR's all the way, for my kits, hardware, electronics, sticks etc they are so durable and Dean the owner is so helpfull with advises when needed and listens to the user too (I advsied to have the handles more to the top since there is all the weight of a conga):

Protection Racket cases new conga cases fit where they touch. The new shaped cases have been completely re-designed are now available in 10” Requinto, 11” Quinto, 11.75” Conga, 12.5” Tumba and 14”Super Tumba sizes.

These well-cushioned conga cases provide plenty of protection for your prized percussion instruments. Saving them from dents and scratches whether you are out and about on the road or simply storing them when not being used. They have padding in all the areas you need it to be and the conga shape of the cases means the fit is snug and the drum does not move around.

Getting your conga in and out of the bag couldn’t be easier. The heavy-duty nylon zips are large and easy to use; with one all round the top and one from top to bottom. All the cases come with padded rucksack straps, ergonomic carrying handle and two side handles at the lid providing a variety of ways to carry your drums comfortably.

As you would expect with any Protection Racket case, they are made of highly durable, lightweight materials, Racketex, Propadd and Propile. They are waterproof and stable in extreme climate conditions and come with really useful pockets.

Prices range from £81.99/$131.99 for the Requinto through to £92.99/$149.99 for the Super Tumba.

To find out more please visit their website at http://www.protectionracket.co.uk/index.asp

8310-00
10" (Requinto) shaped CONGA BAG
8311-00
11" (Quinto) shaped CONGA BAG
8312-00
11.75" (Conga) shaped CONGA BAG
8313-00
12½" (Tumba) shaped CONGA BAG
8314-00
14" (Super Tumba) shaped CONGA BAG
musiqman

Postby ABAKUA » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:10 pm

Protection Rackets fo sho! I been rocking them for about 6 years, used almost every single weekend for gigs, traveled around the country with them and also been to and from Cuba across the world with them twice. I have them for my Congas and Bongos. Awesome cases, built strong and keep your drums nice and cosy.
ABAKUA
Site Admin

Postby CongaTick » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:13 pm

IMG_1975.JPG
PR here!!! Bought after Abakua's recommendation. Absolutely love them. I put an extra layer of foam padding both top and bottom.
CongaTick

Postby Mr.Rumba » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:15 pm

Thanks so much! I am going to order and try. Really appreciate the photos and quick answers by the way ! :)
Mr.Rumba

Postby Jaisen Torres » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:30 pm

MIKE , WHAT'S THE DEAL , GIVE ME A CALL A.S.A.P.
Jaisen.
Jaisen Torres

Return to CongaSet and accessories