sound differences between old and new patatos

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

sound differences between old and new patatos

Postby joaozinho » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:19 am

I'm thinking about buying two patatos,I have two good deals in perpective,one is the more recents patatos with confort rims etc,and the other have tradicional rims ,older model.is there a notorious difference in sound quality between them.

Thanks for your help,I never played patatos before
joaozinho

Re: sound differences between old and new patatos

Postby Mr.Rumba » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:29 pm

I just played on a really old set of fiberglass Patatos wich had a super quinto and a conga. I have also played the newer ones. For me the big difference was in the skins. I would make sure whatever you buy, the skin is the right thickness. Since the super quinto is so small you have to be sure the skin is not too thick or too thin.
Mr.Rumba

Postby joaozinho » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:41 pm

Thanks so much Mr Rumba.I think I' m going to bye the new ones,conga and tumba with the standart lp buffalo heads,it should be ok.
By the way,love your videos,your a lucky guy,always playing the best sound congas :roll:
joaozinho

Postby Mr.Rumba » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:44 pm

Thanks for the props and will love to see your drum photos after you get the drums or video :)
Mr.Rumba

Return to CongaSet and accessories