No Fiberglass Drums

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

No Fiberglass Drums

Postby torpedo tom » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:37 pm

As usual, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Had a deal working on the three sizes of LP Patatos for 1K. Called this morning to order them and was told that LP has cut them off for selling below what LP wanted them to, so now they can't order from LP for a while. I'm back to using my Meinl Pros which are more than I deserve so I'll save my $$ and be satisfied with what I have and keep on practicing. Also, if anyone knows of a natural colored Meinl Pro series with the older style badge, the one with the yellow on it, in either a conga or tumba, would you contact me? Thanks, TT
torpedo tom

Re: No Fiberglass Drums

Postby Kaban » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:19 am

Sorry to hear that! No worries, you got a great set. I have a set of Patato & Meinl Pro; love them both. I think, in my opinion that the Meinl Pro are the best mass produce wood drum there is. I just recently, yesterday, put a cow skin on my Meinl conga.
Kaban

Return to CongaSet and accessories