LP Palasades Park Congas/New Originals

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

LP Palasades Park Congas/New Originals

Postby torpedo tom » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:41 pm

I have made up mind partially that is. I'm getting a set of LPs, quinto, conga, and tumba. Ordering them the week before Christmas so they'll arrive the week after Christmas when I'm home. Now, for the delima. Which ones to order. I can get Classics, Salsas, Originals, or Patatos for the same price, 1K for the three. I have a set of Meinl Pros so am really wanting fiberglass drums and like the Originals so here is the question: How do the new Originals compare to the old Palasades and/or Garfields? They are the same shape with the bigger bottoms, but is the build quality better or worse on the older ones? Can someone give me a comparison of the two and in your opinion is this a good choice or should I consider the Patatos more. Which will be a more versatile set? I know it is the Indian and not the arrow, but in this casee it will be the arrow as the Indian is still a beginner. I plan on this being my last set as I will have both wood and fiberglass. Thanks for your help. TT
torpedo tom

Re: LP Palasades Park Congas/New Originals

Postby Omelenko1 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:35 pm

My preference will be the Salsa fiberglass model. I play sitting down, so the salsa are definitely my option. I think the old Palisades Park origiginals were the best ever made.
LP original model.jpg
Last edited by Omelenko1 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Omelenko1

Postby Kaban » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:18 am

I love my Patato drums, the slaps crack like thunder, and the open tones resonate beautifully. The Original model drums do have a way better bass tone, and the open tones are just as loud as patato, but bassier. So if you like high end, get Patato; if you like the lower end, go for the Original.
Attachments
IMAG0796-1.jpg
Kaban

Postby torpedo tom » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:44 am

Omelenko1 wrote:My preference will be the Salsa fiberglass model. I play sitting down, so the salsa are definitely my option. I think the old Palisades Park origiginals were the best ever made.
LP original model.jpg

What sizes are your drums and that is a sweet stand. TT
torpedo tom

Postby Omelenko1 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:55 pm

Quinto, Conga and Tumba. 11, 11.75 and 12.5". The stand is the first 3 drum stand made by LP back in the 70's. All 3 drums are from 1972.
Omelenko1

Return to CongaSet and accessories