Toca Fiberglass Drums

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Toca Fiberglass Drums

Postby torpedo tom » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:57 am

Did a search, but didn't come up with anything. Can someone tell me about a set of Toca Fiberglass congas I am thinking about buying? They are 11" & 12 1/2" with chrome hardware and "comfort curves"? They are on a stand. The drums match, but the badges are different. One is round on top and the other is completely square. Does anyone know what series they are and approx. age? Are they good, bad, just ok? Thanks, TT
torpedo tom

Re: Toca Fiberglass Drums

Postby PowerSemantic » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:31 pm

Torpedo Tom if you are talking about the set closing on ebay tomorrow I think these may have been marketed as Toca "Premiere": 30" tall fiberglass with synthetic heads standard. The tumba especially seems to match a 2002 catalog I have. I would upload it but the site is not allowing it.

My guess is that the quinto may be the earlier edition of the same line. That badge is on a lot of drums without any other identifying information.

Good luck!
PowerSemantic

Re: Toca Fiberglass Drums

Postby torpedo tom » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:00 am

Those are the ones, but they are going for too much in my opinion. They are already almost $400 shipped. I'd rather pay a bit more and get a set of LP Originals or Salsas, but that's just me.
torpedo tom

Return to CongaSet and accessories