SONOC?

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

SONOC?

Postby maSSivdrums » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:39 pm

Can any of you fellow members tell me if this is a Sonoc? It appears to have the hardware indicators. If so, what era it may have come from?

Keep on Poundin'... Ahhloha!
Attachments
8.JPG
5.JPG
1.JPG
maSSivdrums

Re: SONOC?

Postby Omelenko1 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:54 am

It looks like a Cedro or Majagua SONOC. Probably from the late 70's early 80's. The glue used in Cuba is of a very inferior quality, that conga needs to be reglued and then it will sound amaizing. SONOCS are very melodic drums. It's definitely worth restoring. How did you get it?

Saludos,

Dario
Omelenko1

Postby maSSivdrums » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:31 am

Aloha Dario,

Mahalo for the intel on this drum. This drum mysteriously made its way to Hawaii and I found it on Craigslist. The seller did not feature this drum in his post and it was sitting in the background and he did not know what he was selling. I plan to break it down for a restoration!

Keep on Poundin'... Nolan
maSSivdrums

Postby Omelenko1 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:11 pm

From Havana to Honolulu, incredible journey. Once restored it will be one of your better sounding tubs. Please post pictures of the project.

Keep on hitting!

Dario
Omelenko1

Postby KING CONGA » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:48 pm

Man! I love stories like this.
I had the same thing happen to me once...and the rest is, as they say, history :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Attachments
congas 3.JPG
Juan's Candido Requena
KING CONGA

Postby maSSivdrums » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:10 am

Aloha Dario,

I will take pics druring the resto!

King Conga,

I consider myself blessed when a opportunity presents itself such as this. A while back I also had the opprotunity to buy a Requena! Back then I was naive and did not know what a Requena was. I kick myself today for not knowing. Knowledge is King!

Keep on Poundin'... Ahhloha! Nolan
maSSivdrums

Return to CongaSet and accessories