LP Lap Congas

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

LP Lap Congas

Postby p.a.dogs1 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:40 am

I would like to hear some opinions about instruments like the LP Lap Conga: http://www.lpmusic.com/products/subpage/?modelNo=LP1436

Last weekend I met Valter Kinbom at the cajon festival in Schwalmtal (Germany). He is the owner of "Valter Percussion" (a cajon manufactury in Stockholm) and developed it for LP. I was really impressed by the full sounds (related to other wooden instruments of this kind). Here is a clip from the concert at the cajon festival: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB5aHSHn ... ure=relmfu

p.a.dogs1
p.a.dogs1

Re: LP Lap Congas

Postby Marcus » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:07 pm

I would like to try one of these. Seems like a great size for a "carry-on" when traveling. Always wanted to be able to hit a park with a few others at noon time but there is no way I would cart around a conga or even a smaller rope tuned drum--let alone keep it in my cubical at work.

marcus
Marcus

Postby KING CONGA » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:24 pm

Wow. These are defenetly something to consider when looking for something compact. The sound is a more natural one than their compact congas, which sound terrible IMHO.
Cheers.
K.C.
KING CONGA

Postby p.a.dogs1 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:23 pm

Valter told me that it took almost 2 years developing this lap conga together with LP. Before that he tried to make the deal with Meinl, but this did not succeed. Instead of this Meinl presented their so-called Slap Top Cajon, which is similar regarding functions but not meant as a conga-pair. On the LP thing Valter is able to play the melody of a childrenĀ“s song by pressing the top plates more or less with his elbow. The corpus is made of some synthetic material which seems to be able to produce rather loud sounds.

p.a.dogs1
p.a.dogs1

Return to CongaSet and accessories