Meinl Pro drums

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Meinl Pro drums

Postby torpedo tom » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:00 pm

I have 3 Meinl Pro drums that I bought about 7 or 8 years ago, quinto, conga, and tumba. No more than I know about "conga" drumming, they are fine, but I really wish I had gotten LP Classics. Why, once I started listening, the Classics just seemed to sound "better" to me. I have not progressed past a good tumbao because I kind of lost interest over time. Anyway, back to what I wanted to ask and I know this is very subjective, but in your opinion, which to you are the better drums and why, the Pros or the Classics. Thanks, TT.
torpedo tom

Re: Meinl Pro drums

Postby Kaban » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:20 pm

I was given a set of Classics, they sound great. I bought a Meinl professional conga, almost half off Clearance, the hardware is much better. I like the sound better too, however it turned out it was crack, so I took it back. If you like classic better, trade em in at GC, and get what you want, if that what motivates you.
Attachments
IMAG0676.jpg
IMAG0696.jpg
Kaban

Re: Meinl Pro drums

Postby bengon » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:47 pm

I think Meinl makes really good drums. Once you get to the point of having decent drums it's not particularly important which ones you have. My advice is to get what inspires you but remember that your playing is much more important than the instrument. The world is full of drums that are made poorly but played beautifully.
bengon

Return to CongaSet and accessories