Gon Bops Fiesta series

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Gon Bops Fiesta series

Postby whisp » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:08 pm

Hey guys, can I mention how great it is to have a forum like this where like minded players can mingle.

I've been shopping around for a new set of congas, and found these fiesta series from Gon Bops.
www.gonbops.com/congas/fiesta-series
I even had the opportunity to play on a horribly unturned set at a music shop, and I was surprised to hear that they sounded decent.
Does anyone have any experience with the fiesta series? How would these compare to LP Aspire and other entry level congas? What is your opinion on the sound?

Thanks!

Here are a few examples:

vimeo.com/m/49335911

m.youtube.com/watch?v=IltWvyQar9Y&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DIltWvyQar9Y
whisp

Re: Gon Bops Fiesta series

Postby Kaban » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:30 am

Hey, If those are what you can afford at this time, and more importantly, you dig the sound, then do it. I got GC card, and I am quite happy paying a small sum of month, for my most excellent LPs.
Kaban

Postby KING CONGA » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:07 pm

Hi whisp.
Don’t waist your money. The hardware on these is very flimsy, just like ASPIRES.
They are a beginner set of drum which will not grow with your tallent.
I strongly recommend that you rather invest in a used set of LP Matadors or Classics.
When I first got started I purchased some beginner drums with hardware very similar, if not the same, which gave out, went out of shape within a short period of time.
I wish I would have had some one tell me the same thing back then, would of saved myself a head ache.
Hope this helps.
Good luck.
K.C.
KING CONGA

Postby CongaTick » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:59 pm

Matadors!
CongaTick

Postby Kaban » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:49 pm

Whisp!

MusiciansFriend.com don't charge tax, and just about every other month they got a special for 15% off, this past month they had a special for used instruments, an additional 10% off. I saw two diffirent sets of used Matador Congas, plus if you don't like them, you can send back. Give it a shot, try a new/used Matador first, if you no likey, send it back and get the Gon Bops.
Kaban

Postby Kaban » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:14 pm

Hey, did you get a set yet? I just saw that guitar center got in a used Matador fiberglass conga set! For about the same money, you can get those!
Kaban

Postby Kaban » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:29 am

Check it out, Guitar Center, for only $179!
Attachments
108317622_lg.jpg
108317622_lg.jpg (6.99 KiB) Viewed 2328 times
Kaban

Return to CongaSet and accessories