Manhattan stores that sell J.C.R

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Manhattan stores that sell J.C.R

Postby Bongobilly » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:08 am

I was wondering if there was any store's in Manhattan that sell J.C.R bell;s ? Just in case i dont make it to the Bronx.Thank's.
It's Mofongo Time!
Bongobilly

Re: Manhattan stores that sell J.C.R

Postby Omelenko1 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:48 pm

Manny's on the second floor on 48th St and Drummer's World on 46 St. If you can, make it to the Bronx, at Cali's you can choose from a number of bells. When I'm in NY, I make it a point to stop by Cali's.

Dario
Omelenko1

Postby jorge » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:44 pm

Sad to say, both Manny's and Drummers' World have closed down and no longer exist.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/01/nyreg ... annys.html
http://www.maxwelldrums.com/maxwell-ann ... 2_404.html

As far as I know, Cali is still in business both making and selling bells. Sam Ash, which bought and eliminated Manny's, has a very limited selection of high quality percussion instruments, try giving them a call to see if they sell JCR bells. Don't expect their sales staff to have any knowledge of what they sell though. Just go, try, listen, decide and PAY. Or get yourself a cracked copy of Logic or Cubase and a huge pirated library of samples (a million samples is good, 10 million is better, think Tera not Giga). In a couple weeks' time you too can become a "musician" like millions of others out there. No pain, no calluses, no frustrating scales or exercises to practice, no music theory to learn (quarter notes and all that other BS), no dongles or expensive licensing fees, no shipping and handling to pay, no sweat and best of all, almost no time invested! I don't think they have JCR in the sample libraries though, but you can fix that in the mix with some EQ and a little reverb.
End Rant/

Allow a few extra hours to get to the Bronx and back, it will be worth your time. And if you make it to NYC in the next couple weeks while it is still reasonably warm (>70) on a Sunday, stop by the Central Park rumba between 5 pm and 10 pm.
Cuero na ma...
jorge

Postby Bongobilly » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:08 am

Thank's for the Info: I figured that the Music box store's wouldn't know or carry any of his stuff. Best way to get to J.C.R car or train's ? And if train's which one's Thank's.
It's Mofongo Time!
Bongobilly

Postby jorge » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:09 am

I suggest giving JCR a call and ask Cali Rivera about if they sell JCR bells in music stores, best train, store hours and days open, etc. The number I have, which I have not called in a few years, is 718 293-6589, address 948 Ogden Ave at 162 St, Bronx, NY.
jorge

Postby bongosnotbombs » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:41 am

I'm pretty sure they sell JCR at Guitar center, not completely sure haven't been to GC in years. They do sell the bells here in SF and also in Rhythm traders in Portland, OR. Too far for you to go I know, but Cali is distributing them to stores.
bongosnotbombs

Postby Bongobilly » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:51 am

went to see Cali today and it was well worth it! brought a half moon mambo bell and 2 bongo bells. thanks you all for your help.
It's Mofongo Time!
Bongobilly

J.C.R. Congas

Postby Thaiconga » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:46 pm

Does anyone know if Cali/J.C.R still makes conga drums? Thanks!
Thaiconga

Re: J.C.R. Congas

Postby KING CONGA » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:20 pm

Thaiconga wrote:Does anyone know if Cali/J.C.R still makes conga drums? Thanks!

Has not for a few years now and still not making them.
KING CONGA

Return to CongaSet and accessories