HEAD HELP

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

HEAD HELP

Postby CongaTick » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:04 pm

TUMBA2.JPG
I have SkynDeep's on my Matador quinto and conga, and currently a cowhide on this original LP Palisades Park tumba. Wanted to put Skyndeep on this one but Remo didn't have any recommendation nor were they optimistic about a fit for a standard rim. Would like to have a quality synthetic head for high humidity exterior gigs for this drum and keep my standard rim but have yet to dig up one that will fit. Any recommendations/experience with synthetic heads with traditional rims would be extremely helpful.
CongaTick

Re: HEAD HELP

Postby Derbeno » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:21 pm

I had the same problem in San Diego doing outside gigs afternoon to dusk.

Fitted Nuskins with no problem on trad rimmed Conga and Tumba Matadors. The Tumba was ringy like hell but easily solved with foam inside and a bit of duct tape underneath.
Thanks for advice CongaMyk

As they are breaking in it's getting less ringy.

I am quite pleased with the results and notice no after effects whatsoever on my finger joints after a 3 or 4 set gig. Previously I had mules and often felt it at the end of the night.
Echale candela, p'afinar los cueros
Derbeno

Re: HEAD HELP

Postby CongaTick » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:44 pm

Thanks for the response Derbeno. What model/type of Nuskyn head did you mount?
CongaTick

Return to CongaSet and accessories