Isla percussion nightmare

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Isla percussion nightmare

Postby conganalu » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:06 am

Just to warn you guys. A couple of weeks ago, I won the bid on an Isla Requinto on ebay. I sent the payment through paypal. The following day, I received an email form the seller saying that he will refund the money because the paypal account that he has with ebay is no longer active and he sent me his current paypal account where I should send the money. He requested that I should indicate that I should mark it as personal. I did just that since I've done business with this guy before and I trusted him. Stupid of me!!! Guess what? I haven't heard from him since inspite of the voicemails that I've left and the emails that I've sent him. I've evan sent him questions through ebay. Nada!!! Zilch!!! And he has a bata advertised on ebay now. Just be careful.
conganalu

Re: Isla percussion nightmare

Postby Kaban » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:20 am

That's terrible, I'm sorry to hear that. Thanks for the heads up.

Godspeed
Kaban

Postby ABAKUA » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:09 am

Are you able to link the ebay ad here?
ABAKUA
Site Admin

Postby Derbeno » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:09 am

You should report this to eBay. They take these matters very seriously

Also eBay owns Paypal
Echale candela, p'afinar los cueros
Derbeno

Postby congamyk » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:15 pm

Hello conganalu, i'm sorry to hear about your misfortune.
I hope everything works out.

Please consider changing the title of your thread to "eBay or paypal nightmare" as it has nothing to do with the company known as Isla percussion and the title is misleading. Your thread is an eBay seller/buyer issue.
congamyk

Postby pcastag » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:55 pm

Right, except for the fact that all the user has ever sold are isla drums and the name on the account is punchard1. Sounds like typical isla practices from what we've seen around here as well.
PC
pcastag

Postby pcastag » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:58 pm

File your e-bay/paypal grievance immediately, include all the e-mails you have. He wanted you to send the money persoanl so he wouldn't have to pay paypal fees. Plus if his account was frozen how did he get the money back to you?
PC
PC
pcastag

Postby congamyk » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:05 pm

pcastag wrote:Right, except for the fact that all the user has ever sold are isla drums and the name on the account is punchard1. Sounds like typical isla practices from what we've seen around here as well.

Oops, I never saw the ad until now and didn't know it said that.
congamyk

Postby vinnieL » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:35 am

Not surprised. I'm sorry to hear of your problems.
vinnieL

Postby vinnieL » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:43 am

i wonder what the reason or excuse is for stating that the location is Miami because he is in Belize.
vinnieL

Postby KING CONGA » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:17 pm

Man conganalu this is really a terrible thing to do to someone, I am sorry for your dillema and hope that it gets resolved somehow.
He is currently selling aBata.
I feel sorry for the poor fellow that gets this because by the looks of it, he probably wont :evil:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ISLA-PERCUSSION ... 6rk%3D3%26
KING CONGA

Postby rhythmrhyme » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:16 pm

pcastag wrote:File your e-bay/paypal grievance immediately, include all the e-mails you have. He wanted you to send the money persoanl so he wouldn't have to pay paypal fees. Plus if his account was frozen how did he get the money back to you?
PC

+1 on ^^

Please let us know if the complaint process with PayPal and EBay yields any results. Another disappointing Isla interaction. I continue to believe that the only available solution is to put up public posts about our experiences. I see that there are 2 positive comments on his EBay review, which confirms for me that it is indeed Mario. It's total marketing suicide to rip off a customer through EBay, just such a dumb thing to do :roll:.

If I wasn't so busy running another business I'd probably take up conga manufacturing, looks like there are some market opportunities these days 8)
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana
rhythmrhyme

Postby Thebreeze » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:50 pm

I would say that we still do not have any information from Mr.Mario of Isla so until then just like our Justice System, I have to say that he is innocent until proven guilty. There are two sides to everything so we should not rush to judgement so soon. Reminds me of the cowbow days when people would hang someone just to find out afterwards that the person was innocent. I am not saying he is, but we need to wait for the outcome to know for sure. If I am a percussion instrument maker, the last thing I want people to think is that I am a crook.
Thebreeze

Postby Mr. Conga » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:52 am

Just to warn you guys. A couple of weeks ago, I won the bid on an Isla Requinto on ebay. I sent the payment through paypal. The following day, I received an email form the seller saying that he will refund the money because the paypal account that he has with ebay is no longer active and he sent me his current paypal account where I should send the money. He requested that I should indicate that I should mark it as personal. I did just that since I've done business with this guy before and I trusted him. Stupid of me!!! Guess what? I haven't heard from him since inspite of the voicemails that I've left and the emails that I've sent him. I've evan sent him questions through ebay. Nada!!! Zilch!!! And he has a bata advertised on ebay now. Just be careful.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know you will get your drum if you did the payment through pay pal even if you sent the payment as personal gift.

I have bought 5 drums from Mario this way.
You may feel like it is a bit sketchie sending someone you dont see a personal payment/gift trough
paypal, because you feel like that person can just ignore you and never send you nothing.

Mario does ask for people to send the payment as personal because he is not making a lot of the drums and specially when he tries to offer a better deal through ebay. Because ebay and paypal take thei 9-10% off Marios payment if you dont send it as personal.

I went through this my self since i am unemployed i started selling stuff on ebay, and i sold something over $400 worth ebay and paypal would have taken a chunk of that but i asked the buyer to send it personal/gift and that way i was not deducted any money on my merchandise and neither did the buyer. The item i sold i sent it to Singapore, and the guy has never seen me. But his merchandise is on the way, going over seas and he trusted me, which i apreciate. Finally things are starting to pick up for me this year, after being unemploy for over a year.

If buyers would not send their payments as personal ebay the giant corporation that it became would take a big chunk of my money.

Mario uses eBay sort off like a window of advertisement, where the world can see what he's got to offer through the pictures, and then he ask for your HELP by asking you to pay through paypal pernoal/gift which is free for you and him it work in a way kinda like craiglist where you advertise for free. You can still leave feedback on eBay even if you sent payment as personal.
Mr. Conga

Next

Return to CongaSet and accessories