Isla percussion nightmare

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Re: Isla percussion nightmare

Postby pcastag » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:34 pm

Good to hear that it came out ok, were you able to modify your feedback?
PC
pcastag

Postby Thebreeze » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:53 pm

I am writing this brief message to let you know that I have written a PM to both rhythmrhyme and pcastag apologizing for my rude comments to them on this post. It never should have happened and was un called for on my behalf. I am sorry for saying those things. Sometimes I seem to forget that I should be diplomatic on this forum and in all I do in life. So, my apologies to you both for those statements.
Will.
Thebreeze

Postby rhythmrhyme » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:08 am

Good to read that Mario came through, he needs to do this much more consistently and with much better communication to his customers.

Until the day that he actually sends me the replacement drums he promises me, or even 2 of the 5 that I bought, as I suggested after he promised a full replacement set, I'll continue to be a naysayer towards this artisan and his products. As I've said before, I'd gladly support the man if he chooses to do the right thing by honouring his commitments to previous customers. The concern for me is that he'll start to get enough new business going and that he'll just s**t on his old customers that he still owes product to - at least that's how it's been going so far. Man.... it amazes me how much this guy still pi***s me off!

TheBreeze - good PM, water off a duck bro.

Nothing from Mr. Conga about the possibly fraudulent use of PayPal though... honestly for me this is reason enough to never buy another thing from Mario, Isla or any merchant who twists the system in this manner.
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana
rhythmrhyme

Postby bengon » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:42 pm

I'm having trouble getting in touch with Mario. Has anybody talked with him recently? I'm waiting on a package of bata skins that he shipped 9 weeks ago. They haven't shown up yet- hopefully soon. He sent me shells and hardware months ago, but no skins as of yet.
bengon

Postby ChaCha » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:17 pm

Neither I dont have any contact with him for past few months.
I dont understand why he doesnt ship my drums before the e-bay?
I already waited for 6 drums that I paid one year ago. :(
ChaCha

Postby s'chopp » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:38 pm

Last I heard, he was trying to sell the company.
s'chopp

Postby ChaCha » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:58 pm

I waited him over a year with endurance,
But I can't help any more saying,
I was cheated out of my nearly $4,000.
ChaCha

Postby rhythmrhyme » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:25 am

Hey Cha Cha,

Welcome to the Conga Place Forum! Feel free to put a post up in the Open Discussion section to introduce yourself and ask any general questions of the forum that you may have.

Your Isla experiences sound very dissapointing. Please share some more details with us i.e. what type of drums did you order, when was it, how were your interactions with the company etc.

Cheers,

RR
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana
rhythmrhyme

Postby ChaCha » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:59 pm

Hi, rhythmrhyme.

I shouldn't have written such a negative thing on the spur of the moment.
And I'm so sorry, though still there may be some people who waiting him.

I live in Japan, and I purchased 3 batas and 3 tumbadoras from him over one year ago.
He explained me that he have lots of order from Japan and he just sent isla's drums to Japan recently.

But what is the actual? He didn't have a way of shipping to Japan.
He only excused every few months, but never shipped those drums.
Then, had passed one year and I needed my instruments,
so I said him that I want to cancel my order if he can't ship to Japan.

Then? Nothing. I lost contact with him absolutely.
Now I don't have instruments for playing, nor money for purchasing from other company.

Still there is a possibility that he will ship my drums, but I can hardly expect that.
ChaCha

Postby OLSONGO » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:27 am

No joda caarajo !!! Mario deja de ser tan hijo de P... y honora tu palabra que en estos momentos esta por el suelo. Me da una piedra ver que mucha gente confia en ti y tus mediocres congas, y tu los traicionas. Sigue esconiendote en Beliz y veras. La p...q te pario. :evil:

Olsongo
OLSONGO

Previous

Return to CongaSet and accessories