Palisades Park Congas

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Re: Palisades Park Congas

Postby Thebreeze » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:01 am

rafitoconga......What I would do about helping the Blind guy is that I would go ahead and play with my eyes closed or blindfolded awhile to get a feel for what he is experiencing. Than you might be able to have a better approach on how to help him. ??
Thebreeze

Postby Thebreeze » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:03 am

Also....maybe start him with a simple Tumbao on one drum eventually going over to the other drum with the bass hits.
Thebreeze

Postby sielbo » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:58 pm

RAFITOOOOO,

I did not know you form part of this forum. It's me, Randy. For your hardware I recommend "Bar Keepers Friend"

BKF.GIF
Bar Keepers Friend

I use this for everything chrome: Rims, Hooks, Nuts, Bolts, Stands, Timbales, etc. I guarantee it will remove rust, grime and bring a like new shine. Use the powder version because it is more potent than the liquid. A can cost me $1.49 at Home Depot. Pero desmonta la conga completa primero!

For the body, wash like a car without the excessive water, I use rubbing compound for scratches [I personally like to see my scratches] and then give it a nice wax.

Call, text or email me if anything!

Randy
sielbo

Postby rafitoconga » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:20 pm

Hey Randy what's up bro, thanks for the tip. You're gonna have to come by and jam with me for a bit. I could learn a lot more. I'm gonna start working on them this week. I've got a chance to play them a couple of times and they sound good. A lot of guys on this forum have been pretty helpful. Te mando mi # por facebook. God bless bro!
rafitoconga

Postby p.a.dogs1 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:46 pm

Here is a conga (maybe a tumba), offered in the German ebay.

Would anybody recommend to bid some money on it? If yes, how much?

p.dogs1
p.a.dogs1

Postby Kaban » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:44 am

Just to let you know, I found the best thing for drums are Turtle Wax Color Magic, and for the chrome I used Brasso. I rehabed a Matador fiberglass congas set with these products, and they were excellent! Search for Matador fiberglass conga project to see my finished product.

Godspeed,
Jesse
Kaban

Postby jorge » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:23 am

Unless you only play standing up be careful about making the fiberglass too slick and slippery by putting wax on the conga. Many drummers like to lift the drum with their knees to accentuate bass notes, and you need some friction to lift the drum.
jorge

Postby p.a.dogs1 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:39 pm

Kaban wrote:Just to let you know, ...

Thank you very much.
Kaban wrote:... Turtle Wax Color Magic, ...

Could be similar to this:

jorge wrote:... be careful about making the fiberglass too slick and slippery by putting wax on the conga

But wax would make the surface not so slippery, I think.

p.a.dogs1
p.a.dogs1

Postby Kaban » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:58 am

Hey, how goes the Palisades Park Congas, please show us what drums look like now? Or are you still working on them? Pics please...
Kaban

Postby caballoballo » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:59 pm

Saludos, use aluminun foil shiny side up and just rub it against the chrome.It is an easy job with instantaneous results.
Josean
caballoballo

Previous

Return to CongaSet and accessories