CA Gon Bops for Sale......

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

CA Gon Bops for Sale......

Postby onile » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:06 pm

Alafia Abures Mi!
I hope that you are all well and abundantly blessed!

I was asked by a very good friend of mine, whom I had previously sold my set of 3 California Gon Bops to, if I would post them on here for sale. He is the proud owner of 4 Skin on Skin tumbadoras, and is in the process of moving.....so he needs to sell a set, the Gon Bops lost out.

I must say, they are in excellent condition, when I first bought them, I changed the heads on them. I put new skins that I purchased from Michel of Moperc, they sound fantastic! The drums are made well and as sturdy as a tank! I've used them on gigs when I owned them, but I always took extremely good care of them, they have always been transported in cases for protection.

He is asking $1275 for the set of 3, here are some pics that I've had on my computer from when I owned them.Please feel free to pm me if you are interested.

Mil gracias!
Onile
Attachments
post-14-62796-post_14_87942_3_GonBops_II.jpg
post-14-62835-post_14_87309_Tumba___SuperTumba.jpg
post-14-87119-3_GonBops.jpg
Que Nsambi les acutare pa' siempre!
onile

Re: CA Gon Bops for Sale......

Postby pcastag » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:55 pm

Nice price! The retail on those is like 900 a piece!
PC
PC
pcastag

Postby KING CONGA » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:04 pm

pcastag wrote:Nice price! The retail on those is like 900 a piece!
PC

No one ever sells retail though, however, not a bad price for such a sweet looking set.
Peace.
K.C.
KING CONGA

Postby pcastag » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:29 am

KING CONGA wrote:
pcastag wrote:Nice price! The retail on those is like 900 a piece!
PC

No one ever sells retail though, however, not a bad price for such a sweet looking set.
Peace.
K.C.

Retail is usually the selling price, List is the dream price, list on these babies is like 1700 apiece.
PC
PC
pcastag

Postby Thebreeze » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:24 am

I did not realize that Gon Bops was selling their drums for so much money. I read a little about them on their website catalog and one thing that they do which I did not like too much is that their staves are bent. I guess steam bending is the usual way to do this? I also thought that for that price that they might have been using stainless steel for their hardware but it is not. No matter, the price of 1275 for three then is a great deal, plus the fact that onile put three Moperc skins on them is a plus. I know his skins sell for about 90 dollars or so each. onile, you did a great job putting the skins on and they have a great color to them. A very nice set of Congas.
Thebreeze

Postby Thebreeze » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:26 am

OH, one more thing. I have heard that the conga rubber protectors by Gon bops are the best in the business by one person that has some on his drums. I believe if you buy them that they will cost you about 50 dollars per drum just for those protectors. So, that is a definite plus.
Thebreeze

Postby monstercp » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:26 am

I am the owner of Onile's former Gon Bops. In case anyone is wondering, they are in EXCELLENT condition, the same as in the picture. I got them from Onile, who is my conga teacher, about 2 + years ago. I am in the process of moving as he stated and just need to lighten the load a tad. The pictures he has posted depict the drums as they are today, if anyone wants current picture if there is doubt pleasae feel free to request and i will send ASAP..

Thanks !!
monstercp

Postby Mr.Rumba » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:14 am

Hi, are these drums still for sale? How much is shipping? Thanks for your time!
Mr.Rumba

Postby onile » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:25 pm

Alafia Mr. Rumba!
I hope that you are well!

I'll get in touch with him and make sure that he gets in contact with you, ooooooooor, you can pm him directly his name on here is "monstercp".

Buena Suerte!

Onile!
Que Nsambi les acutare pa' siempre!
onile

Postby Mr.Rumba » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:38 am

Hi.
I could not find your friend here. Did he ever sell those California Gon Bops do you know?
Thanks!
Michael P
Mr.Rumba

Postby pcastag » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:42 am

PC
pcastag

Postby Jaisen Torres » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:18 am

Who ended up with this set ?
Jaisen.
Jaisen Torres