New LP Congas's

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Re: New LP Congas's

Postby musiqman » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:47 pm

5 years later they are finally on LP's global product roster:
http://www.lpmusic.com/products/congas/ ... es-congas/
musiqman

Postby ABAKUA » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:09 am

Wow, they really are quite poor. Entry level, beginner or child drums at most. All the drum brands have that entry/beginner level range.
My advice is to stay away from them, best off finding second hand decent drums. Will be light years better than that garbage.
ABAKUA
Site Admin

Postby musiqman » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:55 am

Did you tried and test them?

I did, more then once. And these are great conga's, especially for the starter/intermediate (and even pro who gigs regularly and doesn't want to take out his precious tubs, yet wants a great sound and feel)

Don't bash something you haven't tried or tested yet. You might steer people away from something that can work for them.
musiqman

Postby ABAKUA » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:17 pm

LMAO.
ABAKUA
Site Admin

Postby burke » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:37 pm

A little googling and its hard to find any reviews online from someone other than musiquman who has actually played them. Don't seem to be many NA companies carrying them either.

But thanks for the review however.

Cheers
Burke
burke

Postby ABAKUA » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:19 am

burke wrote:A little googling and its hard to find any reviews online from someone other than musiquman who has actually played them. Don't seem to be many NA companies carrying them either.

Thats because they really are terrible drums. Any one who begs to differ clearly don't know shit. Novice entry level drums, barely good enough for children.
ABAKUA
Site Admin

Postby skypeace » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:54 am

Back in 1972 while I was at home on a spring break, a local group that I often jammed with got a gig at the Westchester County Center in White Plains, NY and the LP's that I usually played were 200 miles away. What to do as the group needed me, I knew the rhythms and the numbers, so I took a large size Planter's peanut can, tore the label off, turned it upside down and instant bongo.

I did the whole 2 hour set, and the crowd enjoyed it.

Taught me a life lesson about using whatever you got. The clothes don't make the man, the man makes the clothes. When I don't have a drum I play on my thighs, the table, chair, wall, book, etc. Whatever I have is by grace.
skypeace

Previous

Return to CongaSet and accessories